Heading to the expo today & 1st timber boat story - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 03-20-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Heading to the expo today & 1st timber boat story

I'm heading out to the Striper Expo today with my son. I hopefully will pick up a little bit of gear and sit it on a seminar or two.

Did anyone head out there yesterday ?

I think I'm going to the RISAA show Friday night for the fluke seminar and then again on Saturday for a few seminar and more gear

Funny thing happened yesterday, I think I'm one of those guys everyone jokes about at the ramps lol.. The boat dealer asked that I bring my boat in so he can get it all preped for the water and he asked that I fill it up with gas. 1st off my driveway is very narrow and my street is the typical historic town with narrow streets like Newport RI. I managed to get it out of the driveway and when I got to the gas station it took me a few tries to get the trailer straight at the pump. I then filled the boat up for the 1st time thinking it would shut off when full, all of a sudden gas came out the vent... :x I couldn't believe it, luckily it wasn't to much.

I'm putting spreader lights on the ttop and the dealer said the cost to run the wires down the support tubes could get expensive depending on the trouble they have fishing the wires through. I told them as long as they did a nice neat job I didn't mind them running the wires along the support poles

anyway off to the expo with my son....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 10:18 AM

I did the same thing the first time I filled my boat with gas :oops: A bunch of us are headed down to the RISAA show on the 2nd. We'll have to meet up........
Old 03-20-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Let me know when you guys will be there

Let me know when you guys will be down at the RISAA show. I know they had half price tickets at the Mass Expo today so if you had a chance to go you could have picked up tickets for $5.00

I think it's going to be a great show.

Today my son and I were able to sit in on the Boston Harbor seminar by the On the Hook guys. Wow you guys have some pretty good fishing grounds to play around up north. They bay down here in RI is real good as well but there you have a chance to get on a few different types of fish all within a quick distance.

In the Boston Harbor they spoke of in front of Deer Island.. a small rip in front of two bars, a unique fishing spot I think was named Bobs Triangle. I like the on the hook fishing show and they were pretty entertaining to listen to.

I did grab some new tackly.. got a few of Pete's tubes (Red,black,purple)
I picked up two hand made pencil poppers, a small kit from Point Judith lures ( think one of these would make a pretty good jig for fluke with a little bit of squid on the end), I also picked up a bunch of white jigs from 3/4 oz - 2oz ( I have never used jigs but I fiqured I'd cover all the weights just incase I get out there and need something a little heavier)

Now I'm going to put together my list of needs for the RISAA show