Mass stripper fishing - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 04-03-2006, 08:33 AM

Default Mass stripper fishing

Hey guys, im new to the striper and boating world. Im 25 live in Ma about an hour from the coast. Ive always fresh water fished but never fished saltwater til my friends father took me out striper fishing last spring. Had the best time. First we jigged for mackeral and caught about 3 dozen. Than we went trolling and caught 17 in about 2 hours. Ranging from 15-25lbs. I had the best time. Than last fall i was lucky enough to have the very same boat i went fishing in given to me by my freinds father. Its a 19 foot bowrider 140hp 4cylinder. Its an 84, needed a little TLC but i got her back to her old self with a little wrenching. Upgraded to an electronic ignition and woke it right up. Anyway , now that i introduced my self. Just for the hell of it i took it out last Friday on that beautiful day out of Salisbury (thats where we hammered them the year before and the only place i know) I just wanted to get out so i put 3 dif baits on 3 dif rods and just trolled around to try to get something. Is there anything out there this early?? I honestly didnt expect to get anything i know they arent running yet, but is there anything out there to catch, and what should i use? Thanks....Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2006, 08:38 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Welcome to the sight, your a tad early, the only thing around in our area (Salisbury/Plum Island) other than the odd holdover striper is seals... lots of 'em... that will all change in the next few weeks, shad will begin to show in about two weeks and small bass may be here by the first week of May, second week at the lattest...
Old 04-03-2006, 02:04 PM

Usually single dollar bills will work when trying to attract a nice stripper, although if you want to get a really nice one, flash a couple of tens or 20s her way.

Ooops...wait a minute...you meant stripers. I'm sorry...continue on.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:24 PM

yea sorry, sometimes i try to type to fast. Strippers are nice to but i got a girlfriend so id like some stripers for dinner!
Old 04-04-2006, 12:28 AM

Girlfriends definitely taste better than strippers (unless you like the taste of perfume). They tend to have less sea lice too. Just kidding, What Roccus said seems right. I hear that salsbury/plum island are is excellent striper territory. Congrats on your boat.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Veteran

Stripers in the day time,Strippers at night.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:51 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea sea rider
Stripers in the day time,Strippers at night.
LOL. It's tha opposite round here.......gurls by day, bassy's by night. Once tha sun goes down, its time to drop tha girls off at home

to the board Jay. Another month, around Mothers Day, you'll see more activity in here, including reports

I'll start posting reports May 1st