Heading to Sandy Point this month - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > DelMarVA
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

DelMarVA Delaware, Maryland, Virginias, the Delaware River and Bay, Chesapeake Bay area. Regional discussion & reports.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Official Member

Default Heading to Sandy Point this month

Hey everyone, I just moved to the area, but have been striper/rockfishing for years. I want to take out my stepson (14) to do some striper fishing and since we don't know much of the area, Sandy Point looked like an easy spot to begin.

Is there any striper action in Sept/Oct in this area. I get a bit confused when other threads talk about rivers, etc. I just can't get my bearings. We are coming from Alexandria, VA so I want to be as well prepared as possible for a one night trip.

I'm guessing bloodworms or bunker is the way to go from the shore. Does anyone use eels out there at night?

Any, and I mean any response is really appreciated and I will be sure to post a fish report when we get out there.

Thanks,
Striper Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Heading to Sandy Point this month

Hi Rob,
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that area, being from Massachusetts, but judging by the usual migration patterns you should have plenty of fish moving into that area soon. Bunker would be a top choice as well.

By the way, kudos to you for getting the boy out there.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Heading to Sandy Point this month

Thanks Jake. I'm from MA myself and usually kayak fish for stripers at the mouth of the merrimack or up in manchester by the sea. Miss those areas and trying to figure out this place is becoming a challenge. I may just head out to the Chesapeake bay area and try my luck. I just haven't found a decent spot near me on the Potomac to target stripers....shoreline is all grass/weeds. I'll figure things out eventually, but don't want to miss the fall run. Hope fishing is solid up north, tight lines.