Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

New striper fisherman hear hoping to learn ...

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Slowretrieve 
#1 ·
New striper fisherman here hoping to learn ...

Hello everyone, Im Donnie Shelton and have a real love for fishing. I have been bassfishing for years and finally built my dream weekend lake house and its on a lake full of stripers. I will be looking to become a good striper angler on Kerr Lake in NC and i want to learn to troll and more detailed aspects of finding the stripers quickly. I also want to buy a new boat, used would be even better and my family wants a pontoon. So, is there a pontoon manufacturer who makes fishing off the back of the pontoon where i can troll and yet the front of the pontoon be a typical enclosed seating arrangement? I have seen the fishing pontoons with 2 seats in back and the front, but i do not want fishing seats in the front, thats the section for the family. Well, i'll also post my catches and frustrations, thanks everyone .

#3 ·
Welcome, Donnie. I'm betting in a few months you will be wondering what it was tht was so fascinating about bass fishing. Not that there is anything wrong with it. My guess on the boat question is simply getting those rod holders attached to the rail of your pontoon. The main thing that sets a striper pontoon apart from any other pontoon I've seen is the baitwell. If you do live bait, you'll need a rounded, aerated tub for the bait. You may want to Google that. Shad as bait can be pretty tricky to keep alive. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.