Any news from MidCoast Maine? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-21-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Any news from MidCoast Maine?

I've recently moved to the MidCoast region of Maine (Waldoboro) and I'm wondering if anyone in the neighborhood has been having luck and what's hittin'? The boat's ready to go and so am I...any insight?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Welcome

Tuna Welcome to the site,
Here in Rhode Island things have taken off and reports are now coming in from Boston & North of the bass fishing starting to build. I would think it would be happening pretty soon for ya at least for the schoolie action anyway. I'm sure some of the guys & gals up north will post better northern info just wanted to jump in and welcome you to the site.

Good luck
Old 05-21-2005, 10:59 PM

I appreciate the "welcome" and look forward to using this site. I moved up here from Central Massachusetts and I'm thrilled to be 10 min.s from the ocean instead of 2 hrs. I'll be sure to inform all of the action in the Medomak River/Muscongus Bay area (that is, if it ever stops raining!)
Old 06-20-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Any news from MidCoast Maine?

Im about 1 hour north of you in belfast. The small bass have started to show up but nothing real consistent just here and there. The mackeral have really started to bite well. Went out in belfast bay, the first day only caught one mackeral, the second day was the same and on monday a friend and i landed 147 in about 3 hours. Filled the striper bait bucket for a while at least. Good luck and welcome aboard...
Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 AM

Sounds like a great day on the Macks! Nice opportunity to stock up on bait!

Unfortunately Tuna15 hasn't been around for a couple years. Dropped off after 3 posts.

It's good to see some more participation from up North!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Wishin i was fishin

Chris, i'm from the same neck of the woods as well, i live in liberty, but grew up in searsport.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Slayer

I live in Waldoboro.I still havent caught even a schoolie this year and where i go was always a 100% success rate..I hear quite a few people talking about the St.George river on route 1 at the Thomaston bridge..I have yet to try Salt Pond in Friendship Right at the big culvert on Salt Pond Road just off of route 97.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Wishin i was fishin

yeah you can catch schoolies from the bridge, i've gone by people in my boat fishing there before and they were catching fish. There's a lot of places to try, usually the ones that are talked about most though are the ones that are crowded and don't catch as quality fish. Try some new spots that you don't hear about...There's plenty that i can think of, but I don't mention them because I don't want 8 million people to compete with