New guy from Central Cali - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 05-14-2013, 12:42 AM
Striper Hunter

Default New guy from Central Cali

Hello, everyone. I thought it was time to join this interesting group of striper fisherman and fisherwomen (hey, my wife and daughter fish quite a bit so can't leave them out). A little about myself. I've lived here in Lemoore, CA. for the past 16 years and retired from the US Navy back in 2003. I caught my first striper at San Luis Reservoir here in Central CA about 6 years ago while drifting cut anchovies and have ever since tried to find ways to better my striper fishing experiences. I bought a new 18' G3 bassboat back in 2003 and use it to catch everything from bass, trout, stripers, salmon to catfish, crappies and sturgeon. We also have a couple of float tubes to enhance our fishing experiences. My family is also heavy into fly fishing, even going so far as to both tie our own flies as well as build our own fly rods.

I'm hoping to share my experiences here as well as learn from the more experienced striper experts here. To be honest, all of my stripers have been caught using anchovies and cut sardines. My goal is to find the right fly fishing techniques as well as trolling and casting lures. I belong to fly fishing forums, but they're mostly trout, which is fine, but it's the tug on the end of a fighting fish, like the striper, that I crave.

I guess this introduction is a little winded, but just wanted to let you folks a little about myself.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 03:23 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: New guy from Central Cali

Welcome aboard. Thanks for your service. I was stationed at Ft.Ord back in 1981-82. I fished the S.L. reservoir, but only for Largemouth bass. Good luck with the stripers.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Striper Hunter

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not an expert on San Luis, yet, but last fall my family of three got our limit of 6 in about 1 1/2 hours while others around us were scratching their heads. Our secret? Anchovies. Wow, that was it. No real secret. I wish we could do that more often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2013, 10:42 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

Welcome to the site! Nice to have you with us!