What do you keep in your log? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Striper Hunter

Default What do you keep in your log?

I'm keeping a log for all of my saltwater trips this year. I was wondering what you guys keep track of, so I don't miss anything.
I keep track of: Date, day of the week, time, weather, tide, venue, lures/hooks/bait used, what worked and what didn't work, what was caught (by me and others), and of course some little notes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 03:59 PM

Default Re: What do you keep in your log?

Also add moon phase to the list.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Official Member

Default Re: What do you keep in your log?

You pretty much got it! The only thing I have done different is after my first year log I pretty much set up everything on my computer. Bear with me while I try to explain this I dont know if this will make sense because i am having trouble putting it into words.

Say I fished today which is Aug 19th 2011 but I also fished the same exact day last year and 4 years ago. I put all those records in the same field on Excel so this way I can determine if their was a pattern or was just a complete different outcome each year. I have developed a much more productive fishing log that way. I noticed that for the last 5 years Columbus day weekend in Montauk is always productive and I only bring large pencil poppers and bucktails bc nothing else works.

Hope that helps!