Saltwater license update (Town of Huntington) - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New York
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New York New York Bight - Raritan Bay - North and South Shore - Eastern Long Island -Captree - Shinnecock - Moriches - Montauk - Jamaica Bay - Staten Island - Western Sound - Long Island Sound The Hudson River

Old 04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Official Member

Default Saltwater license update (Town of Huntington)

I just got off the phone with the town attorney for the town of Huntington. She told me the lawsuit is still pending, and the injunction is in place. What this means is Huntington residents do not need a license to fish in Huntington waters. I was unable to find out if I could fish in other waters without the license because I live in a town that doesn't require it. She said the lawsuit is proceeding very slowly and wouldn't be settled anytime soon. If you're a resident of The Town of Huntington and fishing within town limits you do not need, nor should you be asked for a saltwater license.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Saltwater license update (Town of Huntington)

she said she said , the man is still gonna write u a summons and anything else he can write u for dont get busted just because its in litigation u be left holding a fist full of summons. trust me its not worth ... 10 bucks or hundreds down the road you make the call
Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Saltwater license update (Town of Huntington)

i agree!!!..its not worth the aggravation..pay the 10 bucks and just fish. hopefully the state will repeal the license and just have a registry BUT the state doesnt do anything fast....except collect our taxes!!