Caught a Striper - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Albemarle Sound
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Albemarle Sound A forum for the Albemarle sound guys

Old 05-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Albemarle Region

Default Caught a Striper

Finally caught a striper in the PQ -- first one since November. Got him on a silver Rat-L-Trap. Not keeper size but fun nonetheless. Also, got a nice 16" largemouth on a worm. Overall a great Saturday on the water. Too bad the wind was out of control today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Caught a Striper

Atta boy Chief.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:43 AM

Hello ,

Just came across this site, just got a new boat, and having been fishing the PQ, nice to see there is a place to swap fishing stories and tips. I too caught some rock, out by the bombing tarkets a couple of weekends ago, not to big, but agian really fun to catch. Mostly catching white perch at the normal spots up and down the river, seems they are moving up the river now though, I cought 30 or so a few days ago around the s-shape bridge just drifting from channel 9 marker to the no wake bouey, good size too. anyway I will keep an eye on this site for some hot spots in the pq and sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 01:58 PM

Hi Nix. Welcome to the board.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Albemarle Region

Nixon:

Welcome to the board! Glad to hear you are having good luck out there. We went out today and I caught an 11" largemouth and three or four large pickerel. Those things put up a great fight. Looks like the bream and crappie bite has cooled off since we didn't even get a nibble at our usual spots.

What's up with your new boat? Let's hear about it.

Ron
Old 07-05-2007, 12:43 PM

Got a 19ft carolina skiff 198dlv, with 90hp 4 stroke. I added a fold down t-top to it which is nice so I do not have to get the bridges to open, and for the shade. So far I love it, only had for a week or so and already had to take back for first 20 hour service, so I've being using it a bit. anyway I here some are starting to catch some nice rock in PQ and sound, I went over to chowan river on the 4th did well, about 60 plus white perch with nice size to them, going down to the outerbanks this coming week, going to take the boat down, and try fishing out of orgon inlet or manteo, any one have any tips, I've been out of OI several times deep sea fishing, but never really fished around there exexpt surf fishing, don't think I will go past the bridge in my boat though, unless very nice weather. I'm hoping to catch some nice flouder, blues, and if can get out there some spanish, but we will see.

thanks for any info or tips
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Albemarle Region

Nice boat! Last August I bought a 19 1/2' Sea Chaser (1950 RG), which is also made by Carolina Skiff. It's got a 90hp Yamaha 4-stroke and I think its plenty of hp for her. Since then I've added a trolling motor, forward fishing seat, bimini top and a couple of rod holders aft.

I have been dying to take her to Oregon Inlet but I just haven't had a chance yet. Are you thinking about pulling your boat down there or crossing the sound? I've been as far as Alligator River and that took about 45 minutes. I'm always afraid there won't be a place to park at the USCG ramp!

Which ramp have you been launching from on the PQ?

Ron
Old 07-06-2007, 08:36 AM

The Sea Chaser is a really nice boat, I saw some when looking for mine. I will be down at the beach for the week so going to put off at OI or either the ramp accross from pirates cove, I'm hoping since the week after the 4th I will be able to find a spot to park too, but I think if I get there early should not be a problem.

I mostly let off in hertford, dependindg on where I'm going , if I know that i'm going out in the sound I may let off at new hope. How about you? Do you have a vhf radio if so what channel/handel do you use, I just got one and going to install before going this week to the beach, but if you do maybe I can try you some time when out in PQ.

john
Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 PM
ISBA Exec

Hey Nixon,

I will be on Manteo week after next! (July 14-21). Let us know how you did!
Taking a charter one day. Will be fishing the bridges and wading the sound about every morning, before the family gets moving.

Yaz
Old 07-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Albemarle Region

I've always launched at the wildlife ramp off New Hope road since I only live a couple of minutes from there. I don't have a VHF radio yet. Please let us know the details of your trip to the beach. I am especially interested in hearing about how your boat handled through the inlet - if you decide to venture out...

I plan to launch Sat. morning and head up towards the 17 bridge and see if I can catch some of those white perch you're talking about.

Good luck at the beach.

Ron
Old 07-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Wishin i was fishin

nice boat, love the carolina skiffs.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Hey Nix, you any kin to Billy and Margie?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:29 PM

well the fishing out of OI was very poor, sw wind just about every day, they say you need a east wind down there to clear the water up, had better luck on the piers, caught some flounders not close to 14 in though. could of gone on out in the ocean but just not that familar with it so stayed inside the bridge, so I guess back to the river for some perch and hopefully some rock,

sewlnw, yeah perry close relations, they are my parents

how do you know them?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Albemarle Region

John, sorry your OI trip didn't pan out as you hoped. I'm interested in hearing whether the boat ramp parking was crowded and if you enjoyed boating in the area despite not catching many fish.

We hit the PQ on Saturday and caught enough yellow perch to fry up for dinner. Guess we gotta keep an eagle eye on the weather forecasts before heading to the OI.

Ron
Old 07-18-2007, 12:25 PM

The ramps were great, and the parking was wide open, which clues you in that there aint much going on, otherwise the weather was good and was nice exploring around the area, in the boat. If going to davis channel by bridge, they have the "cut" marked with barrels and was very easy to follow, as well and channel markers taking you back towards manteo brigde, but outside those channel it can get very sallow very quick so got to becareful. anyway glad to here you caught some fish, I went sat before going down to beach in the afternoon, went to let off at new hope and the ramp was closed, doing some work to it I guess , so headed back to hertford, we caught a few white perch but nothing to bragg about. I'm going to try to get out this sat and do some fishing in PQ.

john