Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

NYSDEC Cooperative Anglers 2019 HR Striper Report

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Doc Z 
#1 ·
Got an email from the DEC with the survey report for 2019, I will try and post it here right now..... nope, don't work, sorry. Gotta fill out your booklets and send them in.

#5 ·
The info is interesting but unfortunately the studies they quote are outdated and very questionable.......yet that is what a lot of the restrictions are based on.....i voiced my opinion that the commercial take is a known number bc they have to report it.....BUT.....the recreational take is an ESTIMATED number bc most rec fisherman do not report their catch. The use the number of licenses and estimate how many fish will be kept per license. This is a very inaccurate and unfair comparison. In addition......i fully disagree with the C&R mortality rates.....if true then the Hudson should be littered with floating carcasses. This data came from the Cheseapeak in MUCH warmer water which is much different than the cold Hudson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.