Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Marina's Opening

7K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Hot Soup 
#1 ·
It is my understanding that due to this COVID-19 crap any marina that does not sell gas cannot open for business. Does anyone have any info on this ??

#5 ·
Yeah all "non-essential" businesses are shut down across the state. Here's more info and what is considered essential:
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/go...es-under-new-york-state-pause-executive-order

Gas stations are listed under essential, which is probably why marinas with gas can remain open, but from what J_R posted sounds like it excludes recreational use.

Also exempt are single employee businesses. So if you know of any marinas that can function with no more than one on-site employee at any given time I guess they could remain open. But I'm sure they will be bombarded due to the closure of other larger marinas. And I'm betting there will be a massive line of boats waiting to launch/unload at the unmanned boat ramps.

But another issue... I went to get trout worms today and realized all the bait shops are shut down too... So what are we going to do about bloodworms? Guess if everyone has sabikis from last year they can jig up herring. But no bait and it won't matter if the marinas are open.

#14 ·
That's not accurate. Rather than link to a newspaper article go read the Executive Order. It explains that Marinas and Launches are not essential businesses but doesn't cover unmanned or private ramps along with cartop boats. It says absolutely nothing about recreational boating or fishing.

#17 ·
My upstate Marina owner advised:"Any Marina registered as Corporation can not open as non-essential". Mine is Independent so will be open. I'd think that would apply for Cornwall & Marlboro Yacht Club ? Worth checking. I'm skipping season (1st time 25yrs) & heading to Lake Ontario.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.