Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 STRIPER REPORTs

72K views 162 replies 33 participants last post by  Jono916 
#1 ·
** SHOW EM' IF YA GOT EM' **

Post any 2020 Striper Reports and photos here. Hope to see a bunch of HAWGS.
Feel free to include county or general area, No need to give up specific spots or honey holes.

Please try and limit it to just reports & congrats.

Thanks and good luck all !

#3 ·
Went out april 1st in croton. Caught a couple schoolies from 630 to 9 but than the wind kicked up and we left around 11 with about 5 fish landed. My buddy has gone out twice in front of dennings. One day he caught 20 plus fish, biggest was 23 inches. Bloodworms. He went out again today and caught around 15 he said during the morning run.

#4 ·
Dropped the kayak in and fished from bannermans up past denning and caught 3 schoolies biggest 21 inch. Water temp was around 46-48 degrees. From 30-10 ft deep. Water was pretty rough. Marked lots of fish with some bigger ones in the mix. Same on Newburgh side . 4/5/20

#5 ·
Beacon. Dennings. Bloodworms. anchored up in 12ft. Incoming tide this morning gave us only 9 stripers. After high tide we started catching
a couple of cat fish and perch in the mix. Tried drifting around 30 to 35 fow 15 to 18 feet down. Had one strike, marked only a couple of fish.

Attachments

#8 ·
Me and a friend fished from shore yesterday and got fifteen schoolies. Getting a little bigger as the waters warming up. Biggest was 25" but an average around 21". Got a surprise run from a 33" 12lb carp on a blood. That was a first. First few hours with outgoing tide we couldn't keep up with our poles. As soon as tide turned bite turned to only small cats and disappointed to see my first perch of the season. Overall great day. Trying to figure out how to download a picture.

#10 ·
Went out with my boys for a few hours and had the day of our lives. Landed 80 stripers, lost atleast a dozen close to the boat. Best fish caught by my oldest son. Boys were so happy and i was so happy for them.

Attachments

#19 ·
Well...we got an early season start last Wednesday and the Striper are here in force. We saw lots of Striper on the sonar traveling north although the bite was a bit slow. Last Wed the west wind caused a west to east drift in NB Bay so it was hard to stay in the lines where the fish were traveling but we ended up with 4. Sat was crappy so we stayed home but yesterday started out nice. We fished Milton and got 2 until the 30mph winds from the South kicked again making it hard to present the bait....there were tons of fish but they would not bite. It was probably some of the roughest conditions in the river I have seen in a while. Water temp was 49.7 degrees. At least we are on the boards and the fishing has begun.

Attachments

#20 ·
Finally got out with a bit of a late start Sunday battling the wind and trying to keep the bait where we wanted it. Lots of marks from Whites up to the stacks, mainly on the west side of the river. Managed 2 fish for the short afternoon. Just happy to get out in the fresh air.

Attachments

#24 ·
First short trip of the year this morning in Greene County. Getting bait was a PITA ..which in my experience means if you get your hands on some it'll probably be a good day.. Managed to put 3 on the deck 36.25" 28.25" and 34".

#25 ·
We fished Marlboro yesterday from 9am to 7pm....probably the coldest day I have ever fished with a nasty West wind. There were plenty of fish traveling below 20 feet and lots of big ones too but they had very little interest in feeding. We ended up with two 24" fish....nice, fat and fresh looking. The fish frequently cane up to our worms but wouldnt take em. I suspect these early fish are fixated on herring and chasing them North so they are less interested in worms. There were clouds of herring. Water temp as 48.5. Back out Fri after the nasty weather moves on.

Attachments

#28 ·
Quick evening trip tonight in Greene. No followers with the stoolie in the main river but I was able to jig some in the creek. Landed two with the biggest being 27.5". Had another pop off mid fight. Seems decent if you can obtain bait. Back out in the am.

#31 ·
Am trip in Greene. Bait was tough once again. Only managed to get 2 herring. Glad I saved a few from the day before. Put 2 stripers in the boat with the largest being a HRF tagged 28". Marked quite a few schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.