Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 HERRING TRACKING REPORTs

28K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  Jumpingjoe180 
#1 ·
We can use this thread to track Herring movements up the river.

:icon_thelmutsalute:

Let us know when you start seeing them ... General location or county is fine, no need to give up your specific honey holes.

Thank you!

#36 ·
I was in the creek so was only using a Sabiki and jigging then. Didn’t stop the asshole next to us who was using a scap net Bragged to us how he had already caught 50 herring and then took about 10 more. We almost got in a fist fight. He Didn’t think he was doing anything wrong. Jackoff took about 70 herring.

#38 ·
Stuyvesant yesterday 130pm could stoolie in 2-3 at a time no problem, had limit in 5 mins. they were busting all over on shore. Way easier than dealing with the poestenkill zoo. guy went up to the falls in a boat Sunday thought things were going to get ugly, folks throwing stuff at them

#39 ·
If the water temps stay in the 50’s and there’s sun,jigging in the river will be easier. I managed to get them yesterday and avoid the postenkill. The water clarity I makes things tough. Water in Troy was 55° in the am and started to slowly fall as the day progressed. Strong may sun and dirty water should keep the water warm enough.

#41 ·
Tried going out for a few hours this am. Couldn't scap them in the main river. Couldn't jig them up the creek. Between two guys that I know who put gill nets out only 1 herring was caught. Quite a depressing start to the week.

#43 ·
Folks struggling in the catskill creek again today.

I trolled some lures directly on poles, 6ft and 20ft divers. Saw schools of herring in 15-20ft levels on the middle of the bank either side of 40ft mark of bank. Bigger fish around 25ft and big fish the the bottom on the channel right near the bank 50ft of water or so.

49 degress in catskill.. This was between 10-12 today.

#45 ·
Still couldn't scap or jig any in Greene. Between all the daily regulars that I talk to only 1 was caught in a gill net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.