Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Cold snap strategy

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  eagerangler112 
#1 ·
With the temps dropping this weekend, whats everyones plan?

Work a different spot? Use worms more?

Do the stripers respond much to a drop in barometer before the storm like they do in their summer and all areas?

The same question goes to herring, since almost all of us get our own bait? Historically, I do bad in the creek and with a net on shore.

Do you guys stock up before the cold snap? Of course with-in our legal limits...

I haven't been too lucky lately, so I tried working the bridge pilings in catskill last night. With no luck. But, these guys are moving, not settling in.

#2 ·
It depends on the water temp. Personally, I don't change much up this time of year. I may have to work a bit harder for bait but its there. Ive been doing pretty well in the catskill area. As far as the barometric pressure.. im truly not sure. I'll leave that to someone smarter than I lol

#3 ·
With the temps dropping this weekend, whats everyones plan?

Work a different spot? Use worms more?

Do the stripers respond much to a drop in barometer before the storm like they do in their summer and all areas?

The same question goes to herring, since almost all of us get our own bait? Historically, I do bad in the creek and with a net on shore.

Do you guys stock up before the cold snap? Of course with-in our legal limits...

I haven't been too lucky lately, so I tried working the bridge pilings in catskill last night. With no luck. But, these guys are moving, not settling in.
I will do the same think I always do and catch fish....just not as many.

#5 ·
I don't get a chance to get out as much as I'd like to, so I can't afford to be fair weather about this. I'm gonna give 'em heck on Saturday!
Bait's been tough. Might want to buy bait as plan B. With the net, I cast far straight out, then let the stoolie go towards the bottom, then reel in. They seem to be away from the side and in some water.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.