Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

I have a tide question...

Tags
question tide
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bubba9ner 
#1 ·
I have a question for the old salts. This the new moon is in effect and I was wondering if the weekend tides are going to be strong. I am fishing the Mack-north and the check at Hampton harbor looks like a tide of 7.1 feet. I have seen this drop much larger but I know a new moon/full moon raises the flow rate a bit.

Will this be true this weekend? Is anyone going out? I want to know if Roccus will fish with me at high noon on Saturday in the mouth :lff3:. I heard that there are no boats on the weekends (LOL). I am going to get there EARLY trying some other techniques when the zoo gets too much for me. I simply cannot take the madness after a couple of drifts:dizzy:.

Tight lines
Bubba

#2 ·
without getting to involved in how the the tides work and effect the fish, the full moon was two nights ago, these tides are what we call "short" tides, they are not very big, tomorrow morning high tide is at 1:33AM in the mouth of the river, it is a 8.8, a farily average sized tide... it runs off to a .3 still not a big run off seeing as it is on the positive side.. ... when you get a tide in the 10 and 11' range, then running off to a -1.3 or -1.5.... that's a biggie and every rock and mussel will show..and the tide will scream.

a study of the heights will give you a good Idea on how strong the tide will be.... it has 6 and a half hours to do it's thing, the more water the stronger the tide.

High noon.. I'll be back home mowing the lawn.....

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. For some reason, I thought we were having a new moon. Then after I looked and saw we had a full. Duhhhh.. Anyway I hope I will have been sick of it by noon myself. I plan on getting there EARLY and fishing until mid-day or so. If you are going out, good luck to you. I hope to see you out there . I have a 19' Sea Hunt DC. I will have a couple of greenies in the tub. The day will be spent babysitting.

You will probably hear me yelling for quite a distance.

Tight lines,
Bubba

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.