Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Hingham, Hull, Scituate MA area?

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  RJinHull 
#1 ·
anyone fish these waters at all? i live in hingham and jsut went from a cruiser to a center console...hows teh fishin here?

#4 ·
by the way........if you are in a boat be VERY VERY careful of the rocks...there are hundreds and hundreds and almost NONE of them are marked......

I once was traveling about 30 mph in my boat off Cohasset when I noticed what looked like the bottom racing by. I pulled back the throttle to notice I was in about 3 feet of water with GIANT boulders underneath me as far as I could see. (THis is the truth). I should also note I was probaby 1/4 of a mile off shore too nowhere near the beach.........

BE CAREFUL out there

#5 ·
Shocktherapy said:
by the way........if you are in a boat be VERY VERY careful of the rocks...there are hundreds and hundreds and almost NONE of them are marked......

I once was traveling about 30 mph in my boat off Cohasset when I noticed what looked like the bottom racing by. I pulled back the throttle to notice I was in about 3 feet of water with GIANT boulders underneath me as far as I could see. (THis is the truth). I should also note I was probaby 1/4 of a mile off shore too nowhere near the beach.........

BE CAREFUL out there
oh yes trust me i know, in my old boat (a 32 foot colbalt) we were crusing off of scituate, all of a sudden we hit something, and it went form about 30 feet to like 4 feet...well we lost two props..and thats about it..but still...if you ahve a good gps with good charts in it, most rocks will be marked

#8 ·
Shocktherapy said:
I don't have my chart here at work, but I believe those rocks are part Stellwagon Ledge (not BANK!!!) which is a long broken ridge that runs the length of Scituate almost to Cohasset Harbor inlet, around Minot Lighthouse. Great fishing, shitty boating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.