Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Nauset Beach 8/11 & 8/12

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  chuckmonk 
#1 ·
I had my first surf fishing experience on the Cape's beaches this week. I fish the Hudson River run every spring and then forget about the bass till next spring. Glad I packed the rod and reel on this family trip. In two mornings I landed 6 stripers and 4 blues. The bass were small all 5-8 pounders but what a fight. I am now hooked on surf casting and can't wait for the fall run to hit Long Island. A few of the fish were on pencils and the rest on a kastmaster with a bucktail.

#3 ·
sick... I have a sticker for my trooper so i can go out on the outer beach for miles. All the beaches in the world ive been to nauset is my favorite for sure. Too bad u didnt post something earlier i coulda met u out there or taken u deep down the beach!! :)

#4 ·
I am on the Hudson too. Troy area. Caught 8-9 schoolies off Nauset from just south of the inlet on last year's trip in late May, for my first time surfcasting. It was a blast. Its 1.75 mile hike to the inlet from where we stay, so didnt quite make it that far. Fished off the public beach a little area also. Will be over there Labor Day weekend for a week and hope to have a good a time as last year. Thanks for the report I'll let you know how it is the week I am there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.