Crane's Beach, Ipswich/Essex River - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-23-2008, 04:32 PM

Default Crane's Beach, Ipswich/Essex River

Warning I am a beginner and have only caught fish by accident. That being said, has anyone had any luck fishing off of Crane's beach by boat? Caught a couple small ones on Saturday in the shallow out going tide. Any suggestions for depth, distance off the beach or what to use? I appreciate any suggestions and help! We also sometimes park the boat off the beach in a rocky area and drop down lines with a line off the swivel with a hook and then three foot line with a weight to keep the line near the bottom...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 02:21 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Crane's Beach, Ipswich/Essex River

Some of the finest striper fishing on earth. But timing is key to find good fish and it will take some thought and a lot time on the water this figure this area out, but worth it because every big night I have had no one is ever there.

Here is a place to start. In the next few days, go across the river to the back side of Sandy Point. Find the deep channel (30 ft) that runs along the beach. Just after the evening high tide when the water starts moving through it, anchor up drop some bait mack, herring, clam doesn't matter (big bait=big fish) on a fish finder rig with 3 or 4 oz. Hold on tight.

If you try it let us know how you do, if not try in two weeks.