any suggestions on a good Raystown Lake charter? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 04-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Official Member

Default any suggestions on a good Raystown Lake charter?

I have been on two seperate charters on two consecutive years on Raystown lake with the same charter service, on each occasion there was 4 of us on the charter and we have yet to hook up with a striper let alone land one of the elusive giants. I did manage to hook up with a couple fish on a solo trip to Raystown whereas I took my own boat and gave it an effort without the benefit of an experienced guide but i was not able to land either of the fish. I would like to take my son to Raystown and let him get a taste of the striped giants. can anyone offer any reccomendations?
thanks.
.....Willy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: any suggestions on a good Raystown Lake charter?

Bump

I'm interested as well
Old 04-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Official Member

I went two seperate times with Tim Grace and it was not a good experience on either occasion. I welcome any input or reccomendations.
thanks guys
......Willy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Wiper Guru

Sparky Price is holding some fine, fine fish on his site.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Official Member

Well the only guide I would reccomend on the lake would the Tim Grace and his crew only due to the fact that I know they put money back into the lake for the fishery on a regular basis. Im not gonna say much but sparky is a good fisherman but............. Willy if your getting into fish on the lake but are having trouble bringing them to the boat ya should consider joining the Raystown striper club. They have monthly meetings/picnics and they have times where the experienced fishermen will take the newbies of the lake out and teach them what they need to know. Great group of guys to meet!!! There website is www.raystownstriperclub.com If you have any questions on the lake shoot me a PM or email at [email protected]
Old 04-29-2007, 08:07 AM

Well tell you what, I've been out with 4 - different guides on Raystown in the past 2 yrs. for 5 trips total. Sparky Price is a little caustic but he knows his stuff too . Caught 2 stripers , lost 2 , and the biggest small mouths I've ever had on . Tim Grace and his crew are great too but much more laid back. had a little slower success with his crew but remember , I went in the middle of the summer with them, not really prime time so to speak. The fish with Tims crew averaged 20 lbs. , so can't complain there. I've fished with all of Tims captains and Tim too. If you want any more info. , contact me privately at my e-mail. Coming from a charter fishing family running 2 boats up in ontario up to 5 yrs. ago , I expect alot from these captains, patience and respect is one of them. I fish Raystown a bit for muskies and stripers. Feel free to contact me if you want to go out. Good Luck !!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 PM

Bump
Old 02-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Official Member

Not sure if this thread is still active, but the best striper guide i know is: Don Houp. hollar at me for contact information: [email protected] Size does matter. ;)

Traci
Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM

Here's Don

I see he is usually in either first or in the top 5 of all the pennsylvania striped bass associations tournaments - 30 teams 80 anglers.
Very Impressive
http://www.fishpsba.com/tournament-r...n-results.html

Old 02-23-2010, 05:53 AM
Official Member

went on charter a few years ago caught a few nice fish the boat we chartered was the skipper who had over 40 lb stripers he was in the fisherman mag from a few years ago.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
bill

Lunker Guide Service--Matt Devoli--went out with him twice last year and have trip booked for April---each time all 3 of us caught at least 1 striper not to mention several lake trout--he fishes hard and goes strong all day long---great experience each time---have pictures but I'm too dumb to post em here{keeps saying they aren't valid pictures} If interested e-mail me and maybe I can figure out how to send the pictures---lunkerguideservice.com

Last edited by bill55; 03-15-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: addition
Old 03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Official Member

Gotta go with Bill55. Matt Devoli will show you how to get it done.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Striper Hunter

I would strongly disagree with the recommendations of Lunker Guide Service. STRONGLY! Willy, camp at Nancy Shoals self-guided is the only way to go. If you don't catch any Stripes, the Smallies are always a great bonus.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Striper Hunter

Try Dan DiFava nice guy, nice boat, catches fish.Cell # 717-269-4164. He is on the lake most of the time.He will treat you right.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Official Member

I agree. We called another guide but was never able to get an answer. After seeing your post, we contacted Dan and landed some nice stripers. He really worked his tail off for us. We booked another trip for lake trout and it was equally fun. Looking forward to getting some time off to go back.

I highly recommend Dan!