From Plum Island back to the good ol' Piscataqua - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Hampshire
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Hampshire New Hampshire striped bass fishing discussion & reports

Old 06-02-2004, 11:26 PM

Default From Plum Island back to the good ol' Piscataqua

Whats up everybody, i am writing this with a heavy hand, after fishing from 11:00am in Newmarket, down to Plum Island for 230(430 low). Got nothing but a snag in newmarket, but Plum Island was different.I caught 18 schoolies from 15-21 inches.My buddy jim had the hot rod landing 37 fish!! Using the same pattern as I was, a 4" white glow mullet on a 1 oz jig head.After landing one fish, I noticed he had a mouthfull of baby sand eels, whitish silver in color, explaining the success we had with the white bait.So, once it slowed down, I came home, spent a few hours with my girlfriend, got to bed at 1100, set alarm for 220, drove back to plum islad and fished from 300-630...AND GOT SKUNKED!!!! Talk about a kick in the balls! Came home, slept till my girl woke up at 930, then went down to the Newcastle bridge, and caught a 25 incher on my fourth cast.Fished there for a while, and nothing else.It was nice to catch a bigger fish.My good ol' yo-zuri 4"mackeral pattern did it again.I then went home slept for an hour, went to work till 1000, time for bed.But Ill be going out all day tommorow, I have the day off..Jonny or anyone who wants to hook up let me know...good luck to all.You never know what cast will land that 40 incher!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2004, 02:18 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Nice. Another Warrior is born. I will try to get up and fish with ya tomorrow, actually it would today. Just got back from Newmarket, and the striped cat was lurking. Didnt get much time though, as it started raining. I had my rain gear, but didnt have tha feelin.

I hear Mackerel pattern stuff is working well out there on the Pisq.. I have a Mackerel Gibbs Pencil Popper I'll beave out if there signs of big fish in the area. Then we'll see something big. Either that throw some Danny plugs out, thats a good way to reel big fish :)

Old 06-03-2004, 10:38 AM

Default here I go again!

Allright, here I go, starting in kittery today, behind the navy yard, then I will move to newcastle, then who knows! Lookin forward to fishin the day away, wondering if anyone has any ideas about tonight? Thinkin maybe the trestle, or maybe the hampton seaBROOK bridge?Open to suggestions...call me jonny, today is the day brother...[/i]