Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Bank Fishing Pleasant for Stripers

12K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  StriperSharkz 
#1 ·
I fish from the bank for stripers at Lake Pleasant all the time. These are all deep spots that can be fished from the bank with anchovies on the bottom:

Below Roadrunner Campground by the Visitor's center. The point below the Visitor's center or out on the point of the (now) island towards the pumps. You can wade out to the island if you don't mind getting wet.

Across from Dillon's at Scorpion Bay there is a point that goes into deep water. Get to it by going to the top of the hill and walking down. Cast towards Dillon's.

Vista Point by Pleasant Harbor Marina. Fish the point nearest to the tires. This is better in the morning before boat traffic starts or maybe at night (never tried it at night).

Humbug. This is hard to get to - you need 4 wheel drive. If you can get to the spot on the point that is across from the split between the island and the mainland, it's REALLY deep right close to the bank. It's a little bit of a walk from the closest place you can get to by vehicle.

Table Mesa Road. Take Table Mesa Road off of I-17 to the end. Park and walk, following the Agua Fria to the lake. This is the spawning grounds for whites and stripers and is just now starting to have fish - see a recent post. This will get better with the warm weather. No boats are allowed because of the eagle closure and no motor vehicles. It's a bit of a hike so pack light.

I would try either Table Mesa road or Humbug. If you don't want to walk, try either by Dillon's or below the Visitor's center. Good Luck.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.