Newburgh town ramp - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 05-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Newburgh town ramp

So I was just at the gas station filling up my 6 gallon gas tank so I can take my son and his friend out of Newburgh tomorrow, and see the local rag of the southern Hudson Valley (Times Herald Record), and on the front page is a story about this very topic:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/405100320

Some of the reader comments are idiotic..."why can't you just stop at city hall during the week and get a pass?" Uhmm...I live nowhere near that cesspool..it's cheaper to pay the 50 bucks for the two times I go every year...ugh.

Oh well, preparing myself for a 50 dollar launch fee tomorrow...ugh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Striper Hunter

Thanks for the reply. What a stupid system. Basically everyone fishing this time of year goes out before 8 am or on weekends. Not many recreational sunbathers are going out for a joyride around 11 in May. We should be able to simply park and pay on the way out, WERE NOT GOING TO LEAVE OUR BOAT BEHIND! Guess I will be fishing out of Kingston, not worth the hassle in the disgusting town... DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A LAUNCH A FEW MILES IN EITHER DIRECTION OF THE NEWBOURGH TOWN LAUNCH?
Old 05-10-2014, 07:03 PM
First Mate

Guys - just drive across the bridge and north a bit. there is a free (albeit crappy) launch at Chelsea marina. If you use it on low tide back in real slow - there are some nasty holes in the pavement.
http://www.hrfanj.org/Ramps.htm
Old 05-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Senior Member Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXK883 View Post
So I was just at the gas station filling up my 6 gallon gas tank so I can take my son and his friend out of Newburgh tomorrow, and see the local rag of the southern Hudson Valley (Times Herald Record), and on the front page is a story about this very topic:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/405100320

Some of the reader comments are idiotic..."why can't you just stop at city hall during the week and get a pass?" Uhmm...I live nowhere near that cesspool..it's cheaper to pay the 50 bucks for the two times I go every year...ugh.

Oh well, preparing myself for a 50 dollar launch fee tomorrow...ugh.

Bullshit........why doesn't the A-Hole issuing tickets all day just stay there and sell passes ???
Old 05-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Striper Hunter

FYI - I'm thinking the bad press from the front page article might have put a temp halt on ticket writing. Was there from 7 am to 1:30 pm today, no ticket. Didn't see any tickets on any trucks, and the place was packed. Was prepared for a 50 dollar launch fee today, so it was a pleasant surprise.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Striper Hunter

I looked over the newspaper article, looks like they are trying to get a season pass out of most users to avoid the attendent being there. I called city hall a few years ago about not receiving receipts for my cash, an easy way to skim money from the pot, then fees doubled the next year. I looked at that park ramp in Cornwall that nobody uses, fees for non residents over the top. There is money to be made there but idiots running the show. Porta pottie never emptied either, open the door to a horror show piled on the seat.