Newburgh Area - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 05-05-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Newburgh Area

Was just wondering if anyone from the boards here out on the river in the Newburgh area yet,,& if so what's happnin if anything much? Tyvm. <;o)

8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Striper Hunter

NOT MUCH!!! Heard today of a 20 lb'er caught yesterday, but aside from that the only thing I hear over the radio is a few 8-10 lb'ers and schoolies
Old 05-06-2005, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys toy
NOT MUCH!!! Heard today of a 20 lb'er caught yesterday, but aside from that the only thing I hear over the radio is a few 8-10 lb'ers and schoolies
OMG!!!! :shock: :!: :roll: Jk,,tx for the reply/info,that sounds promising. I've been @ home listening to my portable VHF & haven't heard to much. I'll be out Mon. the 9th. Fishing bud has that whole week off for goin out after em. I have a feeling though the week(better week anyway) is gonna be 15th to the 21st in this area. We'll be out some that week also. Im psyched every time out there in May. Ty again.

8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Official Member

Slice got out Wednesday from Gully's.We drift fished from 8:30 AM 'till 5:30PM. Fished from above the bridge down to tanks below Gully's.About 15 boats out in this area.Most drifting but about 4 downrigging.Saw about 5 fish landed.We got a 38'' , 24'',21'',20''. Saw a guy with big one on get his line cut off by a downrigger boat.Talk about mad.Water color wasn't too bad and not to much wood floating down.I'm going to try to get up Monday.Keep your radio on I'l give you a shout. Zippy
Old 05-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Striper Hunter

What kind of rigs are you guys using? This is my first time out for stripers and am having no luck. I'd appreciate any help I can get. I've been using bloods on drift rig ( 3 oz. sliding sinker with a 36" leader and a 3/0 baitholder hook) Sound right? I've been fishing about 25' down or where ever the fish finder says they are. I watched Walter Chudkowski weigh in a 40 1/2 lber today at Whites marina. Chunk herring is what he used at night in 4' of water. For chunk is the rig the same as for bloods? I've been fishing at bouy 56 the majority of the time. Thanks for any help
Old 05-08-2005, 09:52 AM

Sounds lovely Zippy,tx for the info. & toy,,I've been using a 7& a half foot telescopic Diawa Bass rod/rods out there for over 10 years now,NEVER had a problem. I have big black Quantum bait casting reels on em,,I know they don't make these anymore though. I put 25lb test Trilene big game on em. Last year I started using 1 of my Salmon spinning rods,,8.5' w 20lb big game on it,,talk about FUN :!: I also use Owner 5/0(I guess kind of long shafted they are) worm hooks. They have the lil barbs up where ya tie your line on,,I realy like these for bloods. Me & my buddy use these & eels only by the way. We've also found using the least amount of weight is the best way to go also. Don't think I've ever used 3 oz's before. I use a 5 to 6' leader. I know also you don't need those stupid/silly float em off the bottom rigs(jmho)I've never used em. Whelp,,this is what I've done for MANY years out there & me & my fishing buddy have had many AWSOME trips out on the Hudson. Good luck man!!! 8)
Old 05-08-2005, 06:49 PM

I've been fishing plumpoint in newburgh for 3 weeks now. I've seen a few decent fish brought up, but man has it been slow.

Was out there today and the freakin wind was miserable. I was gunna take the nitro out today for the maiden voyage of the season, but of course the wind sucked.

I dont know whats going on with these fish this year... By this time last year we were nailing them from shore at plumpoint...

I guess its time to get serious with the boat and start looking around the area and if nuttin move north...
Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Newburgh Area

I am heading up wednesday,I guess I will try some blods and some downrigging.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Official Member

Some people are getting fish, I am not one of them. Been real bad for me so far. Saw some caught today. Nothing for us today, just 1 nice run on worm.
Mike
Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Official Member

this post a little old 2005?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Official Member

Has anybody been trollin newburgh?. With any success? Thanks