LAKE NORMAN - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > North Carolina - Interior
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:56 PM
First Mate

Default Re: LAKE NORMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by team red eye View Post
most the time i'm draging bait flat lines an 4 water bug boards thinging about comen down stream some more this year tight lines to all (life short fish hard)
Thats about what I do also.Come on down to wateree this fall,the fish run about the same size but fatter and you can keep 10 fish per person.Hopefully in a few weeks they will turn on.I had a friend that went a couple times last week and didnt to much good.With the cost involved nowdays,I have to wait and get some good reports before I make the trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 10:44 AM

SBCC Striper Tournament is Jan.3 2009.
For more info go to
http://www.stripedbasscc.org
Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Reports and Info Dude
Got a Little Captain in you?

Lake Norman

Cowans Ford Dam created the largest manmade body of fresh water in North Carolina when it dammed the Catawba River in 1963. The total length of the facility is 7,387 feet, including more than a mile of earthen dam. The concrete portion of the dam is 1,279 feet long and 130 feet high.
Lake Norman is an "inland sea" with 520 miles of shoreline and a surface area of more than 32,475 acres. Named after former Duke Power president Norman Cocke, Lake Norman is nearly as large as the other ten lakes on the Catawba combined.
Full pond elevation at Lake Norman is 760 feet. The water of Lake Norman is used in two ways to provide electricity to the Piedmont Carolinas. It is used to power the generators at Cowans Ford Hydroelectric Station and by Marshall Steam Station and McGuire Nuclear Station to cool the steam that drives the turbines. This steam is condensed back to water so it can be pumped back through the plants and used again.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Official Member

Hi Fisherman! been striper fishing only a few years, been reading your articles regular, but never entered anything. I fish norman/wateree/murry mostly with my friends from work. Heading up to chesapeak bay mid month to try luck at saltwater stripers, wish me luck. Keep up the great pics & stories
Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

if you got anything out of your time here then it's all good. good luck and fish hard.