Hi. - from Alabama - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Alabama Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Striper Hunter

Talking Hi. - from Alabama

Hi guys.
As the name suggests, I mainly fish dam tailraces in my area. That area is northeast Alabama. The tennessee and the coosa river systems are my home waters. My friends and I sometimes fish Smith lake west of cullman (love that place). In hot weather we fish spring fed creeks on the shallow reserviors around here. We have gulf strain and Atlantic strain stripers around here as well as some killer hybrids(my good buddy caught a 19lb 5oz. hybrid at lake Guntersville). I kinda lose track of the stripe from October till February. Seems that I can't live without deer hunting either. We usually catch our best stripe here in Feb and March. So far my best is 22lb. 13oz. caught on a 5in. pearl sassy-shad. I hope to get to fish with some of you in north Al. area. Maybe you will show me some tricks and maybe(?) you can learn something from me. Enough rambling from me, see you on the river..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Hi.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: Hi.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Hi. - from Alabama

Nice to have you here! G-ville should start getting busy again very soon. Would be nice if a few of us from the area could get together one weekend and catch some monsters!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striperlover View Post
Nice to have you here! G-ville should start getting busy again very soon. Would be nice if a few of us from the area could get together one weekend and catch some monsters!
i too love to fishes dams,can you post when the striper start to show up in dams,love to fishes with you guys.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookid View Post
i too love to fishes dams,can you post when the stripper start to show up in dams,love to fishes with you guys.
Absolutely! I have been fishing mostly by myself for the last few years. It would be awesome to have some people that I know will be up for some fishing.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striperlover View Post
Absolutely! I have been fishing mostly by myself for the last few years. It would be awesome to have some people that I know will be up for some fishing.
striperlover that would be nice to know .it probably a 12 hour drive to get to where you at from Orlando ,Fl. Let me know when the stripers start to show up so we can meet up .thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookid View Post
i too love to fishes dams,can you post when the striper start to show up in dams,love to fishes with you guys.
They are at Guntersville Dam now. Some friends went last Thursday afternoon and caught a bunch of 2-3 lb.ers One approximately 18lbs. and one that weighed 27 lb. and 8 oz. Pictured is the 27-8
Attached Images