Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Fluke

Tags
fluke
3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Ed White 
#1 ·
Well, the NJ fluke season is winding to a close, but I managed a couple more keepers today, including this one:

Smile Shorts Plant Bermuda shorts Tree

Biggest fluke I've ever seen, much less caught, it went for a green Gulp 4" swimming minnow on a teaser above a bucktail.
30", almost 13 Lbs. Had to be close to 4" thick.

Gesture Grass Plant Japanese rhinoceros beetle Recreation

On a completely unrelated note, I was at my brother's tonight right after he got back from scoring a bag of fresh yellowfin tuna steaks, fired up the grill and YUMMY!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey, that looks like it was caught in a draggers net !!

Just busting :wink1: Damn that's a heck of a fish !!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
Thanks guys, it had me wondering the whole time I was cranking it in, what the hell is it? We were having a really off day, we've been catching pretty steady, but Sunday was almost breezeless, wind against tide, lines straight up and down in the water, power drifting trying to make something happen, and we finally said "#&*@ it" and sat down to eat, and my buddies rod bounced a couple of times, I turned around to look at him just in time to see my rod bend right over, I grabbed it out of the holder and thought "Dogfish? Striper?" and it wasn't until I finally had him in sight that I could tell what I had.....I'd like to say that it was superior angling skills, but it was really dumb shithouse luck, but I'll take it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.