Best time to hit the Cape?? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-06-2007, 10:41 AM
rookie at sea

Default Best time to hit the Cape??

I've got some time at the Harbor Walk Resort, in Falmouth....anytime between now and the end of October and was hoping somebody could give me some insight as to when would be my best time slot for fishing and what kind of fish I might expect.....I'm sure there are species that don't quite make it up this far north, but DO get to the south cape....I'm really looking forward to this trip and any info on good fishing opportunities, will get me that much more excited!!

thanks in advance,

fshnfool....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2007, 11:38 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: Best time to hit the Cape??

stripers in september/october..and even into november all over cape cod..your probably better off in those months. you can get all kinds of fish through out the summer..fluke, sea bass, scup, blues...to name a few, guys even surfcast for sharks along cape cod beaches...the cape is a sort of fishing mecca.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Veteran Elite

I agree with jimi, the only thing I will tell you is stay away during big weeks/weekends ie. labor day, 4 of July, etc. too much traffic for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Wishin i was fishin

I think around mid to end of june is a great time to hit the cape for some great daytime action, night time action really heats up in july from the surf. I mean, the question you're asking is when is the best time to hit the cape, to be honest with you, you could land a hog anytime on the cape all the way through late fall. You just have to be in the right spot at the right time.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:56 AM
rookie at sea

thanks again for the replies guys.....been doing a little online research and I agree.....anytime is a good time to hit the cape. with my summer schedule being as it is.....mid september will probably be the time I go. Might even have a buddy and his wife join us and get a weekend slip in the harbor....at $45/night, it'd be worth it to bring the Wellcraft and see if we can't hook on to something offshore a bit. I'll definately keep ya posted on what we decide.

Tight Lines all!!.....