Epoxy Vs. Auto Clear Coat - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Rods And Custom Rod Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rods And Custom Rod Building Discuss on fishing rods & on custom rod building here. Saltwater and freshwater Rods

Old 04-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Striper Hunter

Question Epoxy Vs. Auto Clear Coat

Which Is The Best Way . Thank You Dave 71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Epoxy Vs. Auto Clear Coat

Rod epoxy.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:53 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

for a plug? i try to follow rocs footsteps...he uses epoxy as far as i know for most of what he does, however im sure hes got some other tricks up his sleeve...you know youve done good when he says good job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 12:08 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Most important thing to remember is the order of events...

each step is only as good as the one before it....If the sealer doesnt stop the plug from soaking in water it will split.
, if the primer doesnt stick to the plug (due to contamination or lack of dryness of the sealer) it wont matter what you finish it with....

There are alot of different finishes that work, every one of them has their draw backs.

I use E-tex, but finished my plugs for years with Varnish.... it worked for Creek chub, it worked for me and countless other plug builders and carpenters long before the epoxy craze.

some guys use System 3 2 part epoxy and love it otheres use Devcon one hour epoxy and love it...

You probably want to stay away from poly coats, as they tend to yellow with time....

the key is to find something that is easily attainable and works for your "system"
No plug will last forever, unless you dont fish it... Me. I make mine to catch fish.... even the pretty ones.