"I'm trying to be a good teammate here" - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Sports Bar
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Sports Bar Sports talk. Football / Baseball / Hockey / Basketball / Boxing / Nascar / Golf / Etc. Fantasy Sports!

Old 01-17-2006, 12:50 AM

Default "I'm trying to be a good teammate here"

DJ Gallo is the founder and sole writer of the award-winning sports satire site
Sportspickle.com
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here so I'll try to imagine what it's like to be imperfect."
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here so I'm going to buy my liquored-up, idiot kicker an entire case of vodka."
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here so I'll consider retaining Tony Dungy as my associate head coach next season."
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here so I'm taking the whole team on tour with Kenny Chesney."
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here so I won't ask my daddy to get my offensive line traded."
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here so next year I might even run a play or two that my offensive coordinator calls."
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here so I'm going to let Tee Martin start for me in the playoffs from now on."
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here but instead I'll just be myself."

Headlines That Are Probably in Newspapers This Morning ?
Washington: "Redskins left to wonder if Week 2 watercooler dousing of Joe Gibbs was perhaps a bit premature"
Seattle: "Here's a [expletive deleted] surprise: Rain in forecast for NFC title game"
New England: "Quite frankly, Tom Brady is apparently not all the Patriots need"
Denver: "Shanahan still without two playoff game victories since Elway retired"
Charlotte: "Delhomme shot with high-powered tranquilizer dart to calm him down for flight home"
Chicago: "Lack of playoff neck beard dooms Grossman"
Pittsburgh: "Broncos ask to play AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh"
Indianapolis: "Vanderjagt, Colts outchoke refs, Bettis in historic choke-off"
Canada: "Ontario native Vanderjagt boots potential game-tying kick aboot 10 yards wide" (Subhead: "Eh")
United States: "Nation waits to learn fate of five offensive linemen thrown under Colts' team bus"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 04:19 PM

Jim, I've got buddys who have said for years he chokes on a fat one. Your all right!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:35 PM

Man the guy blames his offensive line.
Maybe the SOB should have used his money man Edgerrin James in crunch time at the 36 yard line. Instead of that deep pass to Reggie Wayne (who nearly caught it BTW) to give the kicker a closer look.
Shouldnt have been down by three scores and he cant blame the line. Im surprized he didnt blame the crowd for the noise. Maybe he should just let the coaches call the plays instead of trying to screw with the defense. I was a payton fan but shut up and take your loss with some humility.
This guy truly has turned himself in to an elite NFL quarterback though, just as the medias script says. The greatest quarterbacks of all-time are: 1) Peyton Manning; 2) Archie Manning; 3) Elisha Manning.
No disrespect to Tom Brady and Joe Montana or anything, but I just dont think their seven Super Bowl rings put them in the same class as the never-won-anything-ever Manning Family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Veteran Elite

Without Marvin Harrison and Edgrin James,Peyton Manning is an average quarterback.Lets face it his supporting cast just makes him look good.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:55 PM

I wouldnt exactly say that CK. His 3 and 6 playoff record look ordinary. I know we're piling on but the guy had the most TDs ever last year,and most of them went elswhere other than to Harrison. Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark had quite a few each. In fact harrison had an off year for Him last year. If the colts ran the ball more than a few times Sunday they might have beaten that all out blitz. It would have helped if the RBs had picked up Palamolu once or twice as well.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:13 AM

Did you guys watch the same game I watched? The left side of the line was horrible - beyond horrible, they deserve to be tossed under the bus.

When the defense is in the backfield the entire game how do you expect to run the ball, pass the ball?? How are you supposed to get anything going when you have defensemen in your face before you even finish your dropback?

Manning was looking shellshocked by the end of the game and after the beating he took there was good reason for it.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Veteran Elite

Jim I'm refering to last years run for record touchdown passes,most of the highlights that I saw his passes were horrible,most of them off mark,if not for incredible catches by the recievers most of those passes would be incomplete.Also other then the meltdown in Foxborough this season when he played against the Pats he didn't look like he could beat a high school team.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds
The left side of the line was horrible - beyond horrible
I had to listen to the game on radio suds. maybe fortunate for me. Thats why they call it the week side. Thats where the all out blitz was coming from. And no running back, James or Mungro was even their to pick it up and the TE's were out running routes. The sacks were linebacker sacks. Maybe an adjustment by play action to the right side or a freekin draw play or quick shuffles inside. How about workin out of the shotgun and using a damn inside screen. Its not entirely the lines fault. Field position inside their own 10. Up by 3 TDs. I'd blitz the hell out of him too.
(edit**) On second thought the highlights showed the pressure coming from the right side too.
Maybe its the coaches job to criticize the line play not the QB. Who knows, maybe the line threw him under the bus.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:12 PM

The Colts line couldn't give Manning time when only 4 were rushing.

During Indi's first series, as the line was collapsing on each play, my 11 year old looked over and commented that it looked like my predictions were going to be wrong - I'd been saying Indi was going to be the team to beat vs the Seahawks in the Superbowl (doh!).
Old 01-18-2006, 02:23 PM

That was my prediction as well. After looking at Seattle last week and how brittle Alexander turned out to be, Im looking harder at Carolina. Carolina and Pittsburgh are playing the best. Good game next week for Pitt - Denver
I just dont like Carolina. Not because they arent good but because they arent good enough.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:40 PM

Besides that, how many guys are going to be on the bench injured after that Bears game? Any word on Peppers ?
Told ja that game was going to be a bloodbath
Old 01-18-2006, 04:20 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

I didnt think Pitts is playing the best in the AFC. They got lucky. Lucky that the Colts had a bad game. The Steelers were the 6th seed, and they are vermon, and will win on ya the moment you start to go bad. If the Colts had started the game with a huge TD pass as they did against the Steelers in the regular season, the Steelers would be home shining up their golf clubs. No wait, Fathead Ward and Big Baby Bettis would first be in the locker room crying because they lost.

I'm rooting for tha Broncs all the way. Cowher cant win, he's a career Choker.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:24 PM

I think your selling em short jb, cause you hate cowher.
They have some weapons in Randall El and Willie Parker. They also have some playmakers on defense. They've been awesome on the road and are as hot as a team can be right now. They were a Rothlinsberg tackle away from a loss last week to the team that should be this years superbowl winner. And they came away with a victory, on the road in Indy. Now its again on the road in Denver. Im pickin the steelers, just because they're due and are are a very good road team. and what the hell. ;)
I actually think Cowher is an Ok guy. He's got personality, unlike Shanahan who could make Bellicheck look personable.

Ha Ha I just checked my score. I have denver 24 to 21. I might leave it.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds
Any word on Peppers ?
Peppers remains questionable as of Wednesday evening. Suds. Even if he plays he will be limited especially with a hurt shoulder on the defensive end. Bad news for the panthers.
Alexander will play and start for the Seahawks.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:47 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Well, you're right about one thing, I think Cowher blows dead goats

Lucky chokers. There is a few of em in the league. Yet they nevah go no-where. They do just enough to get lucky, and can beat you on your bad day. Still the 6th seed for a reason.

Not to mention they had a much, much better season last year, and did what?.......

CHOKED!

They are doomed to fail. They always will under Cowher. CHOOOOKE!

BANANA-RIFFIC!