Introduce yourself ..... - Page 4 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 03-04-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Introduce yourself .....

my name is Manny nice to meet u . I am also ne to here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2007, 01:19 AM

Hello, Everybody! My name is Jon. I'm happy to have discovered this forum. It looks like there is an interesting variety of people here. I'm 49, and I live in Louisville, KY. Guist Creek Lake has been my main fishing spot until now, but I and my Better Half recently bought a boat, and there are a lot of lakes in Kentucky to fish in, so we're anxious to branch out. We've caught small hybrids while fishing for other species, but this year I'm going to start targeting them. Can't wait to catch my first lunker!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Striper Hunter

Name is Dave. Good to be here, finally got connected to the information superhighway. I'm born and raised in Oh. I love to hunt my 55 acre farm, and chase hybrids on the ohio river. I am new to the striper scene, I've fished Raystown Lake 3 times for them. A good friend turned me on to hybrid fishing and I haven't been the same since. I am looking forward to talking with and learning from you all. Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 10:42 AM

Dont be shy say hello.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:33 AM

HELLO, our user name is TRICKY1..We are into striper fishing, and can't get enough time to fish as much as we would like to.So we joined up to at least read about it..
Old 12-22-2007, 12:37 PM

Hello

I am rather new to saltwater fishing. I am building a 22 foot center console boat for fishing in the Cheaspeake. It should be done by spring. I look forward to learning from this board and possibly meeting people in the area.
We can't wait to catch some fish!

Kingfish
Old 12-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

get out of the woodwork and sign in guys. glad to see some new members speak up.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

To all the new folks. This site has a ton of info, dig deep, and there is always something good.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Introduce yourself .....Coachwray

Hi all, Retired so now i have some time to fish. I'll fish mainly on LBI, had one good day at Ortley Beach this fall, two keepers. Only dogs and robins in the park. Also fish for stripers on the Delaware and up some creeks on the Jersey side. Catch a lot of short ones but they are fun.

Fish trout in PA and walleye in Quebec, (Berthelot Lake has good web site)
my buddy and I are always willing to share a cabin and expenses to have another truck drive in the 100 K on a very good logging road to lodge.

Was a HS AD and coached Football & baseball. At middle school level coached boys and girls basketball, football, track and soccer( had to do it to break into the staff 35 years ago)

Now I'll go back to Football refereeing after taking a few years off to coach and watch my son play.

3 Kids are grown up. The only fisherperson is my oldest daughter. Son is good at it but just hasn't got the bug yet.

Hope to pick a lot of your brains to improve my success, I'll release 99% of the ones I catch and only keep the occasional 30 or 31 incher. I hope everyone throws back the big ones to keep their genes in the breeding pool.

Last edited by coachwray; 01-03-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-01-2008, 10:30 PM

I would like to bump this thread and see if anyone would like to join in and add a little bit about themselves.
About a dozen or so original and long time members have built this board up from nothing. Our first board is kind of funny.
http://www.eboards4all.com/111995/
I'm proud of the fact that no newcomer here ever felt like he was being talked down to by some know it all wise ass. And as such no one has been intimidated into not asking a question (any question public or privately) and has always been treated with the respect that they deserve.
Our moderators reflects this very nature. They are as honorable in person as they appear in these threads and for that i am extremely grateful and proud.
If you look at the older posts in this thread you'll see the wayback machine and our humble beginnings.
Im looking forward to a great season and I hope to meet a lot of you guys out there at the gatherings.
I dont write well enough to express exactly what it is Im trying to say but my friends here... I think they know.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim View Post
I'm proud of the fact that no newcomer here ever felt like he was being talked down to by some know it all wise ass. And as such no one has been intimidated into not asking a question (any question public or privately) and has always been treated with the respect that they deserve.
Our moderators reflects this very nature. They are as honorable in person as they appear in these threads and for that i am extremely grateful and proud.
Jim is absolutely right. I am a relatively newcomer being on this board just under a year. Even though I'm still a googan, I've never been treated as one. I've learned more about fishing in this last year than I have in all my years..... and it been a few... My gray hair speaks for itself.

I am committed to learn something new everyday until they put me 6 feet under, and every time I log on there is something new to learn here. Great group of folks.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 AM

Jim,
I am renwed in my determination of pursuit of Stripers. Renewed? Yup. For some time I kinda let life sidetrack me, Things that in the grand scheme of things really should not have mattered. Things change, and like the chapters of a good book, so does life.
I was an internet junky for a while a few years ago. Other sites appreciated some of my sharing but slammed me for my opinion that every Googan, or actually a better term would be, newbie looking to be a Striperman, should be helped. I came upon this site in the days of that old spider board and saw potential. A few guy's looking to get better and a few guy's willing to help. Litterally a few. I left the net for a while, didn't even look at Emails for almost a year. When I came back here, with a name change, and saw where we have come, I was amazed. The attitude not only remained, it got better.
It continues to get better.
I have not only had the opportunity to help new guy's, but to fish with them and some of the best. I have not only helped folks find success, but, have found it as well. No one ever stops learning if you have the yearning, and I have continued to learn from some great friends I have made here.

Friends I have made, that I would never have known had it not been for this place. Not just good friends and even beyond best friends. I've met versions of me, and in some cases from minute one felt like I had known them all my life. Beyond fishing....................................

So in response to your previous post, I get it, I really do get it..........

I can't wait to see what this season brings, how many new folks I get to meet, how many great fisherman I get to chase Bass with, and how many first keepers I can help new guy's catch!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 AM
in awe of real fisherman

Colad = Googan ;)

Gunny's trying to make an honest fisherman out of me though! We'll see!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Veteran Elite

Hi I'm Dave 48 married or at least have a wife that puts up with me.Three kids 2 boys and a girl. Aaron the oldest is 22, Ben 19 and Meghan 15. You have to go a long ways to find a place on the east coast that you can't fish stripers, well I found it Prince Edward Island, Canada. We have to travel about 2 1/2 hours to go fishing stripers in Nova Scotia (The Bay of Fundy). We have great trout fishing and excellent waterfowling, but no game bigger than a coyote. I run an outfitting business for fishing and hunting.I have been guiding since my early twenties,running fast cars and bikes since I was fourteen and hunting and fishing since I was four or five,and the only thing I can think of that I've been doing longer than that is enjoying Life. Came aboard last year, great bunch of friends to meet here, and believe me a wealth of knowledge and experience. Wecome to all the new people and enjoy.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by colad View Post
Colad = Googan ;)

Gunny's trying to make an honest fisherman out of me though! We'll see!

I'm not buying it..... new to the game , maybe, googan , not hardly...