Introduce yourself ..... - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 01-05-2006, 11:41 PM

I'm new here, my name is Steve King. I'm a smallmouth bass guide on the Potomac and Susquehanna rivers, and fish for Stripers to please myself when I can in the rivers and on the Chesapeake Bay. I'm glad I found ya'lls little forum here and am looking forward to hanging out a little if I can. Another one of my favorite pass times is music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 08:48 AM

Sounds like we have an assortment of different personalities and talents here. Waste management there Northman, you wouldn't happen to be Italian are you . I guess I watch to much Soprano's. I'm looking forward to various discussions with you all and for the newer guys, I hope you enjoy the site and don't be shy with questions or comments or constructed criticism alike. We like it all here.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:02 PM

Schuld3's name is Mike. I live in Chicago area. Have recently become a STRIPER Fanatic. The past three years, including a fourth trip, coming up in two weeks, I have fished Lake Norfork in Arkansas. We are learning it and are beginning to have some success. I also fish locally in cooling lakes and another lake for stripers and Hybirds. My brother, "No Limit", will sign up here soon, I assume. I really hope this site helps me improve my Striper fishing. I'll be sure to post after our Norfirk adventure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2006, 02:17 PM

Welcome Mike.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Veteran Elite

I can't believe I missed this post. I'm Jeff, Live about 30 Miles SW of Washington, DC. I fortunately get to fish year round. I only get small resident fish (stripers) during the summer, so I tend to fish for other Species. But during the winter we have a killer Striper Bite on lake Anna about 1 1/2 hours from me. So why all you guys up north are jonesing for some fish, I still get to :) But during the summer when I want to hook into a nice striper it just isn't around, well I Could, but I refuse to fish Lake anna during the summer, too many idiots in speedboats and jet skis....Half my fishing is freshwater the other half is salt water. just depends on how far I'm willing to drive that weekend. I try to go fishing every chance I get, and about half the time I end up heading out by myself, so if you're down in this area visiting, or happen to be local and looking to head out let me know, chances are pretty good I'm heading out in the near future and possibly have room for someone to tag along.....
Old 03-08-2006, 05:58 PM

Hey Mike!! Welcome aboard, lots of great info to be found here
Old 03-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Veteran Elite

MY NAME IS CHRIS,I HAVED LIVED IN NORTHERN CENTRAL MA ALL MY LIFE.I AM MARRIED WITH FOUR KIDS,WHO LOVE TO GO FISHING.STARTED FISHING WITH MY DAD WHEN I WAS LITTLE FOR BASS AND HORNED POUT.ALSO MANY FISHING EXCURSIONS WITH MY COUSIN JIM(JIMI4290).WAS INTRODUCED TO STRIPER FISHING IN MY EARLY 20'S HAVE BEEN HOOKED(NO PUN INTENDED) EVERSINCE.

I AM A HUGE RED SOX FAN,ALSO LOVE THE PATS AND BRUINS,DON'T FOLLOW BASKETBALL ANYMORE,EVERSINCE THE HOOD ENDED UP ON THE COURT THAT IS.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Introduction

Hello, my name is Jamie Keefer. I was born in Philadelpia in 1969. My family moved to California in early 70's where I spent most of my youth. We fished off teh piers for mackeral, bonita and I even caughta 32" Halibut when I was just a tyke. I did return to Philadelphia suburbs to graduate high school and go to community college.

Currently I am working as an independent estimator for a Masonry company in Collegville, PA employing my office management skills to help a growing mason meet his obligations. The Mason happens to be the Drummer in my band that has yet to be named. Pet Projects include woodworking and www.keefermedia.com.

I am happily married and have two kids 5 and 3.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:25 PM

Im Jon. IM 19. i live in Topsfield. I grew up trolling for mackerel in maine. Iv got early memories of padukes helpin me crank in a load of 5 or 6 and then eatin em for dinner the same night. that was pretty much the extent of my fishin experience until a few years ago when i got started fishing the object of our desire, the striped bass. Im a glassblower and a landscaper for money. i usually fish the ipswich and gloucester coast. most of the the time i spend at plum island is sitting around a fire with a beer in my hand as opposed to standing shoulder to shoulder in the surf.
i dont currently own a boat so im usually stuck on land but i recently got a kayak so iv been paddlin around in that lately. during the summer i feed myself off striper and i fish everyday either with friends or by myself if noone wants to come. lookin forward to the first "tap tap zing" of the spring run
tight lines and screamin' drags :)
jon
Old 04-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBASteve
I'm new here, my name is Steve King. I'm glad I found ya'lls little forum here and am looking forward to hanging out a little if I can.
Who said it was small
Old 04-23-2006, 09:32 PM

Hi everyone I'm originally from Brooklyn, now reside in Staten Island. My name is Eddie and have been lurking for about a year. I had the pleasure of meeting Striper Jim a few nights ago at great kills park. I've been fishing since I was a small kid at Corvette's in Brooklyn with my bamboo rod and been hooked ever since. I never really got into the science and theory of bass fishing until last year. I was the type to throw a chunk when I had the chance. Thanks to Jim for the education he gave me on striper fishing. I look forward to chatting with you all.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:35 AM

I'm Buster, yes thats my name. I grew up in the Bronx fishing out of Westchester Square off a boat called the Joy.

I'm 49 years young, married with three grown children and 3 grandchildren and another due this October.

I'm a Operation Manager for a large energy company in Poughkeepsie, NY.

I live in a town called Port Ewen in Ulster County.

My sons Duane (a member of 247) and Albert are my fishing partners. Together we own our boat.

I got hooked on striper fishing through my brother in law, I caught a 40 pounder on chunk herring and have been looking for another 40 pounder ever since.

We fish the stripers hard till the mid part of June. After, we fish many upstate lakes for small mouth, large mouth and land locked salmon and trout. In September we had to Lake Onterio for Salmon.

When not fishing I'm riding my motorcycle.

I'm a die hard bow hunter, I love to plink at the gun club with my pistols.

I also like to golf, I'm terrible at it......

I cant remember how I found this sight. I want to tell everyone
"Thank you" who has helped me with everything from boating, to how to fish with eels, to trolling. The knowledge I have received from this forum is "price less".
Old 04-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Jigologist

NORTHMAN!! good to see you here!!..

Jigman here, fish-o-holic.. don't care what it is as long as it pulls the other way.. use to fly fish exclusively til I learned better thru carpel tunnel and rotorcuff issues that I manage and deal with.. still enjoy the flyrod and tying, but don't search with a flyrod anymore.. learned jigging through a good friend and never looked back.. without question, the best way to score big in almost any condition going...

be the jig

Dick
Old 04-26-2006, 10:28 AM

Hi everyone

My name is Pete.I live in central NJ(Hazlet).I was born in Hoboken.I am 36 married with a 4 year old boy. I fish from keyport to sandyhook. I am new to striper fishing but not fishing in general.I was a wildlife volunteer for 5 years with NJ fish and Game so Conservation is important to me.I am also a self proclaimed chef and currently enrolled in culinary arts school.I got hooked on striper fishing When i was fishing for fluke and caught a bass and was awed by the raw power of this fish.I have yet to get my first keeper.I also enjoy fresh water fishing .I hope to learn from everyone here as i am getting addicted to the sport.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Nu2 from Cincinnati, OH

Hi all, Jeff from Cincinnati, Nu2Stripers.
I go by LittleMiamiJeff on www.ohiogamefishing.com
Found this site looking for hybrid info last summer/early fall, I've fished on and off for the past ?? 40 years, never been an expert at it, but love it just the same.
You guys at Stripers247 have me up all night dreaming about screamin' reels, I've gone through 2/two Shimano baitrunners now, gave one away to a brother at church. I have Cardinal 700 series salt water reel, Shimano baitcaster reel, and don't even live within 1000 miles of salt water! :)
I've got it bad. :)
I did pick up OK 15 Prowler fishing yak thanks to you all, (I'll give Riddler some credit, though he's on another site these days.)
I'm the father of two that live in Bel Air MD with their mom, my wife has two daughters that have given us 5 wonderful grandkids!
I'm a Jesus Freak, we helped start a church, Bread of Life Christian Center close to 3 years ago, www.breadoflifecincy.org
Good to meet you all, tight lines and screamin' reels!

Jeff