Introduce Myself - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 04-24-2018, 03:01 PM
Official Member

Default Introduce Myself

Hey Everyone.

I created my account a while back but never contributed to the form. I'm one of those "Lurkers" on the site a few times a day this time of year looking for updates. Just want to say thanks to everyone who contribute to these forms. The form is a great source of information and I see a lot of experienced fishermen on here posting. I've used the site now for a while and figure I could start contributing wherever I can.

I typically fish from boat and mainly fish the Albany / Troy area... actually, I only fish from boat and only have fished the Albany / Troy area. This will be my 4th or 5th season. Last year was a bust for me with only one fish boated earlier in the season. I'm hoping fishing is a little different this year.

Took the boat out yesterday for the first time this season, mainly to make sure everything was ready. Did some jigging by the UHaul spot and didn't get anything or mark any fish. My fishfinder read 44 degrees for the water temp. I did get pulled over t on my way home for the trailer lights not working, but they let me off with a warning. In case anyone plans to have a few, be sure you don't have any silly reasons to get pulled over.

I plan to take some time off of work within the next few weeks when I know fishing is in its prime in the Albany/Troy area. I launch from the Rensselaer boat launch and I would be more than happy to bring anyone on here along as long as I have room. I have a small older 19 ft bayliner that gets tight when there are more than three people fishing from it, and this time of year everyone wants to fish. I'll update this post when I know dates.

In the meantime, "Tight lines everyone" (I think that's the saying)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2018, 06:45 PM
Keelhauler

Default Re: Introduce Myself

Welcome. Glad to hear you're becoming active.

ALL TIME PBs
Boated in a run: 59 (2020)
Boated in a day: 23 (2020)
Biggest: 42" (2016)
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Lunker

Welcome