Heading out tomorrow on Boat, care to join me ? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 04-15-2016, 10:15 PM
Official Member

Default Heading out tomorrow on Boat, care to join me ?

I am taking the boat out for the first time tomorrow to see if I can outsmart a striper. I will be launching at Henry Hudson launch 8ish or so. Have a nice 21' Mako Center Console. Am going solo and have plenty of room in case someone wishes to join me. If so ....email me at [email protected] or reply back here. I will probably go out for 4 to 6 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mako-2011-Bernies.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	26785  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Winning !
Pro Staff

Default Re: Heading out tomorrow on Boat, care to join me ?

That's a nice Striper/River boat ... I like center consoles.

Good luck, hope somebody takes you up on the offer !!

BB
Old 04-15-2016, 10:55 PM
First Mate

Awesome boat!!! What year is she? I hope you find yourself a partner and I also wish you the best on your maiden voyage. Have you fished the river before? And what electronics is it equipped with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2016, 11:19 PM
Tyee

Nice boat, we'll b on river tomorrow in your area, don't worry about company if u can handle your boat, sometimes solo is the way to go, any way good luk n if u have problems, ch 68 or or look for camo Lund
Old 04-15-2016, 11:19 PM
Official Member

She's a 2011 leftover so she wasn't used till 2012. She has a Garmin 541S chart plotter &fishfinder. Would love to upgrade to something fancy...bigger screen, side scan and that better resolution down scan. Also have a Standard Horizon HX870 handheld GPS/VHF and it is sweet. The 200 GPS Mercury Optimax runs beautifully and is very fuel efficient and will troll all day long at 2.5 to 3 mph. I have taken her out on the Hudson last year and spend a lot of time at the cape.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:17 PM
Official Member

Nice boat! I have a little 14' fiberglass tri-hull that I've considered giving a try on the Hudson but it does make me nervous. If you are looking for a fishing buddy in the future, I'd be interested. I'm usually off on Sundays and Mondays and hope to get out a couple/few times this year. Good luck out there, beautiful day for it!
Old 04-16-2016, 01:20 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoors4good View Post
Nice boat! I have a little 14' fiberglass tri-hull that I've considered giving a try on the Hudson but it does make me nervous. If you are looking for a fishing buddy in the future, I'd be interested. I'm usually off on Sundays and Mondays and hope to get out a couple/few times this year. Good luck out there, beautiful day for it!

Hi outdoors4good,

Yeah a 14'er is a little small unless water is calm. I would be more than happy to have you join me/us. It would be on a sunday as I work every Monday except holidays. Why don't you shoot me an email and let me with your contact info so we can "talk". [email protected]

take care,

Fish Raptor
Old 04-16-2016, 03:10 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoors4good View Post

I have had countless stripers hit the deck of my 14' row boat. Sure there are times you would want something bigger, but it will do fine most days.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Official Member

I've seen people in boats similar to mine on the Hudson. My concern is that I've only ever fished the Hudson from a charter boat and I'm not sure where to put in. My boat is very stable with the tri-hull, but I have an 18 hp Mercury Mark 25 two-stroke motor on it. Way too loud for trolling and it doesn't like to go slow anyhow. Controlling the boat on drifts with other boats out there is a concern, I don't want to mess it up for anybody else. I'm thinking for my first go at it, I might motor upstream, anchor and stay put.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:39 AM
Senior Member Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontona19 View Post
I have had countless stripers hit the deck of my 14' row boat. Sure there are times you would want something bigger, but it will do fine most days.
Ditto Terry except mine is only 12'

It's a different waterway south of her but I've never had any issues up in ALbany / Troy.

Other than yesterday when i filled up my gas tank and then drive 10 miles after forgetting to put the top back on the tank