weather effect in the fishing Albany/troy - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 04-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Striper Hunter

Default weather effect in the fishing Albany/troy

Well action picked up here tuesday with the nice weather caught my 1st striper and alwifeherring same day we caught bout 8 far up as troy herring that is but wit the last few day with all this rain and cold weather things seem to die down quick. The creek and river were im at is milkshake seen small chunks of ice floating down the river this a.m hope this rain dont last long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 PM
First Mate

Default Re: weather effect in the fishing Albany/troy

The weather drastically affects the fishing in the upper hudson from my experience. After a certain amount of rain I know its better just to stay home
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM
First Mate

im hoping the water clears up by sunday. im just guessing its a very brown river right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Winning !
Pro Staff

Good job on the ones you did already get !

But yeah we are screwed for a bit now, this rain is a bummer
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM
First Mate

Nice job Al, just got back from pulling the boat out of storage, gonna shoot for some time late next week to get out and get the cobwebs off. Hopefully she'll be clearing up by then.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:04 PM
First Mate

I'm really hoping it clears up quickly. I'm itching to get out on Sunday.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Striper Hunter

im going sunday either way, if anything just to mark some spots to try. only been doing this a few years so still kind of new to me. I get the idea but not hooking into as many as others. And I think its because I usually stay pretty close to the launch. Im going to launch out of HH park, usually head out from corning but not going to take the chance with the construction....unless I hear otherwise.

PS.....if anyone feels like sharing any info to help me and my ol man out it would be greatly appreciated....we can only get out on weekends due to work. Thanks a bunch....glad I joined the site lots of good guys here
Old 04-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Striper Hunter

Caught my first one ever in Coxsackie about 4pm. It's in the reports section. They're here....
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 PM
cat daddy

The river should recover in 3 to 5 days hopefully and by then the fishing should heat up.I no it sucks when you only have weekends but nothing we can do .
Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Striper Hunter

Looks like sundays going to be a day of searching. I want to investigate some spots so I think ill do that while its muddy and try some new areas when the river clears up some. If I feel like drifting around and hang a rig for bait maybe ill get lucky. Soon they will be plentiful and we wont have to search so hard for some bait.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Tyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd7766 View Post
im going sunday either way, if anything just to mark some spots to try. only been doing this a few years so still kind of new to me. I get the idea but not hooking into as many as others. And I think its because I usually stay pretty close to the launch. Im going to launch out of HH park, usually head out from corning but not going to take the chance with the construction....unless I hear otherwise.

PS.....if anyone feels like sharing any info to help me and my ol man out it would be greatly appreciated....we can only get out on weekends due to work. Thanks a bunch....glad I joined the site lots of good guys here
one thing I can say from experience is dont get stuck in a rut.if your honey holes aren't producing,try somewhere else.use your electronics,watch and see what other guys are doing,a good set of binos come in handy and don't be afraid to try something different even if it means running up or down river . I keep the boat at forever young and it's nothing for me to run to coeymans. actually when we splash the boat next week at Albany were planning on running down to Catskill.good luck
Old 04-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Striper Hunter

Thanks for the info fellas i jst left the canal in troy its still running etra hard the rivers like 3/4feet higher than usual and is still running hard n dirty lets keep the info going my fello fishermen... Hope to see some of ya soon
Old 04-13-2013, 04:25 PM
First Mate

By the canal in troy,do you mean the post?or is there another place for herring?
Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkster View Post
one thing I can say from experience is dont get stuck in a rut.if your honey holes aren't producing,try somewhere else.use your electronics,watch and see what other guys are doing,a good set of binos come in handy and don't be afraid to try something different even if it means running up or down river . I keep the boat at forever young and it's nothing for me to run to coeymans. actually when we splash the boat next week at Albany were planning on running down to Catskill.good luck

you guys better call me when you roll into town. took a ride by the river this afternoon. chocolate milk and lots of debris. Damn.. Thats how i lost my last transducer. Still thinking about splashing tomorrow just for shits and giggles. Never had any luck in muddy water though.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Official Member

went out saturday from hh, water was full of debris with lots of large logs
took a ride down catskill creek using bloods no hits water very dirty.