Tica Surf Spin Rods Info ? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Rods And Custom Rod Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rods And Custom Rod Building Discuss on fishing rods & on custom rod building here. Saltwater and freshwater Rods

Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Official Member

Default Tica Surf Spin Rods Info ?

Did some background on tica rods...One guy says the UEHA seriesT2 has inferior guides & problems with Tips being replaced...But says the newer USGA models T3 are better guides etc... Are these the same blanks? Do they just sell blanks? Thanks, Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: Tica Surf Spin Rods Info ?

Its the TC2 series and have a real issue with that one.. had a replacement rod sent me after a7335 11footer snapped on an 8-9lb fish. Its a casting blank and i have not used it as i dont really trust it. They may have replaced it but, not using surfcasting stuff much anymore so who knows when a test run will ensue.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:08 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Hey jim i own a TC2 series rod that I used a little bit at the canal for heavy jigs. It was like a pool cue. I understand the Dolphin series is not a bad rig but I can not speak to that. I have not had any problems with my TC2 Other than wearing out my Elbows and shoulder with it.
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 PM
First Mate

Sorry to hear about your problems with TC2 Tica rods. I've had a 10'6" going on 6 yrs with no problems. I got my wife the 9' 1/2 to 3oz 2 yrs ago and have had no problems. I stand by my Tica's and have recommend them to friends that don't have a ton of cash to spend on a rod.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

After building up a Ron Arra blanc a few years ago, i could Never buy a factory made rod to plug with again. Mud Hole.com usually has good sales on blanks from time to time. I built a $400.00 rod with $220.00 bucks but you might need to wait it out a bit! If i was to buy one i would go with Star Rods!