Tracking the bass up the coast 2011 - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Lunker

Default Re: Tracking the bass

Going a little soft these days Zim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Not at all... i have a habit of pissin people off even when i'm just kiddin. as a stately figure in this community i have to uphold some class and dignity.
NOT!

Old 03-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Lunker

I think if someone gets pissed off because of something that was said THEY are the ones with problems. Kudos for holding back on the new guys though, let them get settled in nicely befor you scare them away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 07:01 PM
First Mate

"Ohhhh Booooooy" Zim should get that
Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Report Meister

First keeper brought into Scotts at Mystic on Sunday.
http://www.scottsbt.com/fishing/report.htm

Sunday, March 13, 2011 /\/\/\ 1:21 pm

FIRST Official Keeper Bass CAUGHT!
Graveling Point 3/13/11 around 1 a.m. (weighed in 12 p.m.)
Tom McGeary 9.9# 29"

Really didn't hear much today action-wise other than the keeper. There was also a keeper caught this morning up in the Mullica River by a boater.
Sea Ya
Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 AM
First Mate

C'mon zimno, dont stop on my account, i'm sure others wifes brought home flowers, besides I can hang wit ya. This was for some laughs after all...
Old 03-16-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodpro1102
I think if someone gets pissed off because of something that was said THEY are the ones with problems. Kudos for holding back on the new guys though, let them get settled in nicely befor you scare them away 03-12-2011 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1
Not at all... i have a habit of pissin people off even when i'm just kiddin. as a stately figure in this community i have to uphold some class and dignity.
NOT!
Basketball head? The Jersey Diaper? Assy Ferguson? Sandworms Pinch? The Dildarter? Zuess? 006? Baitbucketbob? Hammerhead? 4290?
who loves ya babe.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Tracking the bass up the coast

Ok enough hijacking. I merged both threads Tracking the bass and following the fish.

So far there are reports of keepers in just about all the shops in south to mid New Jersey, albeit not many.
Down in Delaware -
Larry Jock at the Coastal Fisherman said he'd heard reports of striped bass moving into the bay at Ocean City. The tactic he recommended for the early-season rockfish was to troll the north and south inlet jetties with small bucktails.
With stripers reported in the Ocean City Inlet it shouldn't be more than a week or two before jetty and boat fishermen will be catching them in Indian River Inlet. The weekly report from the crew at the Virginia Beach Fishing Center listed good fishing on big stripers, with most fishermen in agreement that the fish are moving north toward their spring spawning grounds in the Chesapeake and Delaware Bays. Anglers fishing aboard the charter boat Gannet connected with limits of big rockfish within sight of Virginia Beach during the past week, with a 51-pounder caught by Jack Council at the top of the citation list.
BOB JONES
http://www.delawareonline.com

Brinkmans in Philadelphia reports that So far the price for his bloodworms has remained the same at $10.00 a dozen.
The first stripers were caught in pretty good numbers in the lower river last weekend. +
http://brinkmansbaitandtackle.com/reports.htm
Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCarpets2 View Post
I just got in from a few hours of fishing in tottenville staten island, no fish but I did manage to catch the elusive ny plastic bagfish. I'm gonna keep it up till I start seeing fish!
hahahahaha i was trying out the east river with my new bait caster for fun and caught the same fish last week lmao
Old 03-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Tracking the bass up the coast 2011

You guys from Staten Island ever try M. St off hylan blvd? Thats my 1st choice when the fish start showing here on the island, Throwin bunker heads all night there. 2nd choice is the Ol Cr. pt... I too can't wait !!! Man this sux !
Old 03-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Striper Hunter

You guys down south any bites yet? I cant wait any longer.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim View Post
Basketball head? The Jersey Diaper? Assy Ferguson? Sandworms Pinch? The Dildarter? Zuess? 006? Baitbucketbob? Hammerhead? 4290?
who loves ya babe.
Hey how ya been Jim! You comin to Zim's freezout this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
...and would hate to be on the butt end of that sort of thing..
Rumor has it that's your favorite position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
(or when you're editing their posts to make them sound like they said something they didn't.... the community that best represents your class and dignity brings to mind the crew from One Flew Over the Cukkoo's nest... )

A few little fish here and there for you guys that can't wait to play with the 22" bass. Some bigger fish are mixed in, but very few. Some bait is on the move in major NJ bays and a few fish are being weighed in on artificials.

The Hudson is starting to wake up as well. Go get em, watch out for that "stately figure" Zim lurking in the darkness.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:48 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

I had something relevant to say about some of the list but I figured I would be um polite to the board bouncers. Good luck out there guys hopefully I am at minimum a month away from fishing and I am looking forward to what ever fishing I get to do this year.

Wassup Rich
Old 03-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

ah yes. basketball...... not you mark.. the class of people i was recently talking about has just posted his one post in ages and outdoes himself.. do come to staten island... we have a tattoo parlor>soup kitchen>a slum neighborhood somewhere>a police station>and even homeless shelters as we accomodate everyone of your caliber. i'm sure you can find some clams and colt 45 malt liquor in your brown paper bag you whacko..

Old 03-17-2011, 10:30 PM
First Mate

I caught a striper today released it back check new york section for the pic.