Tracking the bass up the coast 2011 - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Tracking the bass

Grumpys report the rumors of shorts out front and keepers out back.
The back bays always warm first shorts will run along the shoreline for a week or so the same way on S.I. and fill in the back. Wont be long. The guys catching are the die hards. It rained like 6 inches with a coat of ice on top last night where i am. I dont want to go out too early and burn out too quickly. If your itching -fish those flats early evening on an incoming tide after the sun bathes them all day. It wont be long.
The warm surface water of the Ocean is carried in faster than the cooler water and out faster than the cooler water going out.
ttp://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=22347
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 PM
First Mate

I just got in from a few hours of fishing in tottenville staten island, no fish but I did manage to catch the elusive ny plastic bagfish. I'm gonna keep it up till I start seeing fish!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

now i thought the crokus was the flower but it is the dafodil that has to bloom. once these babies pop open then i get to fishing. every year on the day that happens i get a fish that night. it is all predicate on the migration imo. the moon phase will pull up the flower and on the day it sprouts open the fish arrive. it is not a wives tale or mumbo jumbo... it works and i have not failed when it happens. not to say the fish will not have arrived prior to that but it is my sign to hit the beach at nite. i've been told that they just bloomed in jersey(don't see how but...) and i got like two weeks or better before they bust open here so i will let you know when i go.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 12:41 AM
First Mate

I'd appreciate all the help I can get... Thanks!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Lunker

Saw my first dandilion today in Exeter, Rhode Island.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 PM
First Mate

Zim I was hitting the beach by page tonight at sunset, I was using a popper. Is that the correct approach. Or would I be better using clam or chunks? I know there are some big mussel beds there so I figured its a good spot.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

go get some sleep..
way too early for topwater let alone plugs at all.
better off soaking clams if you were inclined to keep trying around here.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodpro1102 View Post
Saw my first dandilion today in Exeter, Rhode Island.
dafodils are what i meant,, if i said dandelion i appologize..

Attached Images

Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 PM
First Mate

Sleep? I got laid off of work and am suffering the worst case of cabin fever ever... Clams it is!!!! I also was wondering can I drive to crooks point without a pass just to see what it's like before I decide to buy one?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

no, if your out of work you don't need to worry about a ticket . if you drive down by the mouth of the harbor you may get a warning if in your vehicle but, if you leave it parked on the left hand side and walk to the beach you'd be taking a risk.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Report Meister

Default Re: Following the fish NJ 2011

RSS Feed
Tuesday, March 08, 2011
The first keeper striper was recorded today at The Tackle Box in Hazlet as Dennis Galvez of East Brunswick used worms at Cliffwood Beach to land an 11-pounder.
Capt.Chris De Stefano of Wall was watching in Belmar as the Ocean Explorer unloaded the biggest cod catch I've heard of from local waters. Capt. Bobby Quinn told him that over 500 school cod were caught, with the largest at about 25 pounds. Furthermore, those cod were caught on open bottom where whales were feeding on both small herring and sand eels.

Any Day Now!
Wednesday, March, 9, 2011 at 5:19AM
The beaches are still empty! It seems as if everybody is waiting for somebody else to get that first Bass! There are plenty of rumors of fish caught but there is no proof such as bodies. Judging from the number of phone calls asking how the fishing is, there is much more interest than there is participation.
Here is the weather idiots version of reality - Mostly cloudy and breezy. Highs in the mid 40s. East winds 15 to 20 mph.
Mike is still pacing the floor, impatiently waiting for the Seeker rod blank order to show up. Needless to say, he has been a pain in the neck (if not a bit lower on the anatomy).
Grumpy hisself
Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Report Meister

http://www.scottsbt.com/fishing/report.htm
Thursday, March 10, 2011 /\/\/\ 5:29pm
The next batches of clam and bloodworms are due tomorrow. We do not have a specific time, it could be anytime after 11 a.m.
It's been exciting the past couple of days to see some anglers through the store anticipating the fishing to break loose anytime now. It's good to see the smiles and hope again. It is so much nicer talking about fish then growling about politics and the price of gas.
Word is that there was a peak water temperature at 46 degrees earlier this week. One lone angler had FOUR SHORT BASS up to 26 inches at Graveling Point during the low tide event of Sunday afternoon. Mullica River activity up at Hay Road is producing bass to 26 inches as well with a good showing of White Perch up to a pound and a half. Little by little the fish catching activity is picking up.
Sea Ya
Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Report Meister

Old 03-12-2011, 02:18 PM
First Mate

I got store bought Daffodils bloomin in the house.....that count ?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

no.....
i wanted to say something funny in regard to you having flowers but since we have not been formally introduced yet i will refrain from goofing on you in such a manner. some things make people angry or upset and would hate to be on the butt end of that sort of thing..