newbie from Florida lookin for striper info in Barnegat - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Official Member

Default newbie from Florida lookin for striper info in Barnegat

Hey yall, I'm a newbie visiting inlaws in barnegat, snagged me a Jersey babe and we live in St augustine FL where I fish my 22' mako every second i'm not working. Seeing as i will be coming here for years to come and plan on surfing and fishing here i'm looking for some striper 101 from you fine anglers.

so far i'm pretty much gonna go buy a pole, rent a boat and head towards the inlet. any help from there would be greatly appreciated.

JD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 01:31 PM

Default Re: newbie from Florida lookin for striper info in Barnegat

Hi JD

Start here: Stripers101 - The Beginners Clinic

Pay special attention the "sticky" threads section and spend some time reading. That should get you started in the right direction. Where you take it from there is up to you!

Keep in mind, there's a ton of good fishing in NJ without spending the $ on a boat as well. Striped bass like the shoreline & structure.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Official Member

Jake,

Thanks for the info! i'll check it out and post any success i have the next few days.

JD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Striper Hunter

That inlet has been real popular this spring. There's lots of other areas closeby. You have a long stretch of sandy beach from IBSP (Island Beach State Park) and all the way north up to Sandy Hook with lots of places in between. Find the birds and you'll find the bait

Be careful in the boat as people fish in all kinds of manners. There will be skishers, surf boarders, jet skis, boats, and guys from shore