Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Full Moon this weekend

6K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  ProfessorM 
#1 ·
So...I know this is a mixed bag with a lot of people, but who's lookin' to get into some fish this weekend with the full moon? Yes it's brighter, but hey the tides are bigger too. I know I'll be perched on a rock at at some point with the giant white orb in the sky. Will anyone else be out there as well?

#5 ·
Well... I was out Friday and Sunday nights and all I got to show for it was a shortie at 26inches. I was hopin' for better last night, the fog was so thick it totally choked out the moon. That's just fishin' for ya.

#7 ·
Saturday night was tough fishing in OOB that's for sure. I had a buddy of mine up from Mass and we headed out around 9:30 p.m. or so until just after 1:00 a.m. Cloud cover looked promising on the full moon but they soon broke and it was clear skies the rest of the night. Not a single fish or so much as a nibble to show for it....crabs sure didn't seem to mind it was full moon though, little bastages. I was throwing mac chunks the size of mac trucks all night, to no avail. Ahh well, better luck next time I suppose.

StriperHyper ~ Will

#8 ·
The full Strawberry moon has been very good to me in the past and this past week/week end was no different... all fish( 29 in 27 hours of fishing) were taken on live eels in 3-6' of water...the fish ranged from 40" ( 20lbs) to 53" approx 50-53 lbs..the large one never got weighed, as I wanted to release the fish, I caught the fish on light line( 15lb test) and fought her for about 20 minutes, in a heavy current, the scale was buried in my storage locker, and only the tape measure and camera were ready to go....in the end.. after several tender minutes of revival she swam off, to hopefulll spawn another day and provide future to the sport...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.