Land of the free or land of the fee - Saltwater license - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News > Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws State game thief and Poacher hotlines / U.S. State Trailering Laws / Registration & Guidelines / Regulations / DNRs / Wildlife fish and game / and other govermental agencies / Park service Pass / Fees / News , fishing bills, conservation, regulations pertaining to the striped bass

Old 02-15-2010, 12:58 PM

Default Land of the free or land of the fee - Saltwater license

We will pay the fees and the town permits, the off road fees and the parking permits. We will purchase the various state licenses, both fresh and saltwater. We will continue to pay the 11% thats added to the purchase of equipment, the fuel costs, the tolls and all the other usage taxes but the feds can go shit in their hats if they think for one minute that they will get accurate fish counts if they telephone me on this survey. Whats different from the old counting?
What?
They wont send students of the NOAA out to the piers and fishing venues and manually count fishermen?
Land of the free - or Land of the fee? I want to see how this works for them getting accurate fish counts from an angry mob of saltwater anglers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Land of the free or land of the fee - Saltwater license

someone i was having an arguement with said that we need a registry for recreational fisherman so that we could " have a voice in washington".. now in a perfect world i would agree BUT the feds and even the local govts. have proved time and time again that they just screw things up even more then they were. if u give a few dollars each for so called admin. fees then next year they want double and then u opened pandoras box!! just look at how stupid the new york legislature enacted their license. u want more proof govts dont know what theyre doing. just look at the whole dogfish debackle. they get protectd while more iimportant species get ignored... sorry for my long rant./