Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Making a fine dust filtration unit

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Mark P 
#1 ·
I had all these things collecting dust so if you decide to build one figure the cost to be about 100.00 /150.00 for all the materials including motors and all.I started just by building a box with 1/2 sanded plywood.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I did not want it to be high and to save money i use a furnace filter then a hepa filter and another hepa after the fans.The hepas i am using are rated 17 merv which is smaller than 1 micron the higher the merv rating the better.You want 16 merv +.I used 16 x 25 filters then cut them in half .

Attachments

#5 ·
Very nice much prettier then the one I made :redbiggrin:

Question, what did you do to make it easy to replace the filters?

Mine's done with a screw down frame, not easy. Sooner or later the screw holes are going to start to strip so I need to come up with a better method

#6 ·
One of the sides has a piano hinge on top and weather striping along the whole side so basically its a door.I unscrew 3 screws and lift door(also has a latch on top to hold the door opened) and remove and replace the filters which slide in those channels.Depending on use i should not have to replace the filters for like 3 months or so.

#7 ·
Nice craftsman ship Lou , but from you I expect nothing but the best, as always good job!:a_goodjob:

everyone needs to remember, dont change filters too often, the dirtier they are, the better they work....until of coarse air flow is comprimised...

#8 ·
Very nice work! Have you guys noticed the cost of sheet goods going through the roof lately. I went to pick up some MDF and a sheet of Baltic last weekend and was shocked. 3/4 MDF was close to 35$ a sheet. The Baltic i was able to get less than 6 months ago for under 30$.

#10 ·
I like the airflow with the front filter on but you are correct pushes more air without it.This is the first time that i am using this and i have been making lots of dust lately and i want to see in a couple of months what the filters have on them specially the front one if nothing is on it i won't load one in the front anymore.I sprayed my shop with the air hose and it was like a fog of dust inside the shop i ran this and it was clear in minutes.So far its looking real good.

#12 ·
I am going to build one of those that is a great idea. Nice Saw by the way. I didn't see the maker but anything with a fence that wide must sound pretty when running.

#13 ·
Thanks its an old delta unisaw 5hp 3 phase got it for free from boces they did not use it and had it in a room covered with broken pieces of sheet rock.Someone had hurt themselves with a radial arm so they stopped using the saws all together.The saw was sitting in that room for years it was a carpentry class i saw the botttom leg of the radial arm and knew what it was i uncovered the radial arm and the table saw and asked if i could buy them the administrator said take them.All those years and noone realized the gold in that room got them both in the truck and left early from class that day.That was 23 years ago the saws are a beast and the saying is true they definetly don't make them like they used too.You have a sharp eye its an 60 inch fence.

#15 ·
a 60 Inch Vega? The rail looks similar to a vega Rail. Nice Set up anyway. That is unbelievable picking up a saw like that for Nada. My Grandfather had a Unisaw Nice unit. 3 Phase too, The Stuff that Boys dream of. Great Saw.

I have a Jet with a 36" fence. I wished I had the wider fence at times. But when I got the saw I was supposed to be getting a panel saw from one of My distributors as a throw in on a lighting order. He left the company and I still haven't seen the Panel saw. Oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.