Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Wiggle Fin Product evaluation

31K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  wigglefin 
#1 ·
Wiggle Fins

Do you have , manufacture or sell any Lure's, Tackle or Gear that you would like to have tested or evaluated?
Reach us here
jim@stripers247.com
What kind of Lure's, Tackle or Gear would you like to submit for testing
or evaluation?
Fishing Lures, Fishing Tackle, Outdoor Gear, Misc.
What is the name of the Lure's, Tackle or Gear to be tested and evaluated?
Tell us how to get in touch with you:

#2 ·
Would any body like to try these out?

Would any body like to try these out?
Wiggle Fins

Some of you fresh water LM fishermen may like to try em. just post a report on how you like em. Ill send out a few to try.

#5 ·
I'd love to try one out on the fly rod.
Might be just the thing to give a bunker pattern hollow flye a nice seductive wiggle.

#7 ·
Thanks Jim.
Got em today, very interesting idea - wish I had thought of it.
One's going in front of a rigged eel tonight (no tin obviously) I'll wager they'll work on rubber eels as well.

#10 ·
I put one in front of a rigged eel (no squid). Gave it a very nice action but even on a very slow retrieve it brought it right to the top of the water (not that's always a bad thing) Next time I'll rig the eel with an egg sinker inside its mouth.
Unfortunately there were bluefish around so I really didn't give it enough work to do a review.

#12 ·
Second review

I've now used em in front of flies on the long rod and in front of rigged eels (no eel squid, just the dead eel, 2 oz egg sinker 24" in front to keep it down) I think they're a great concept and I caught fish with them. I particularly like the action they give to an eel fly.
The one critique would be that I'd like to see them made of less brittle plastic, they break very easily if they hit a rock, a very common occurrence when you're striper fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.