Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Charleston Surf Fishing

19K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  go_cubbies22 
#1 ·
Its been a while since I've been on the board. My travels have taken me from the rocks of Aquidneck RI to the impoundments of Kiser Lake Ohio and Brookville, Indiana. My next stop will be Charleston SC in March and I wanted to know if there is decent surf/shore/kayak fishing for stripers there. I have seen countless Redfish shows on TV but still want to hunt striper. Any information would be great.

Tight lines,
Warrior:icon_thelmutsalute:

#2 ·
Check charlestonfishing.com. Bring your kayak and freshwater bass equipment. The Reds are in schools. If you find them there will be 30 in a group. Low tide skinny creeks. Most striper here are in lakes but I hear the bite is good now although I have not been out. People don't fish the surf down here, not sure why.

#3 ·
I'm not an expert on Charleston fishing, I've only lived here for 2 years, but I believe there is good striper fishing up in Lake Moultrie north of Charleston. I think you'd be able to do good for reds and trout in the rivers and creeks with your kayak around that time of year. Also, you might have some luck for bull reds or sharks out at Folly Pier. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.