Horseneck Beach, Mass. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 08-16-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Horseneck Beach, Mass.

O, heres da scoop. My mom, my sister, her friend, her friends mom, me, hopefully a friend of mine, are posssibly going to Horseneck Beach.

If so, we are going early tuesday morning, until late wednesday night of next week. Which means... STRIPER FISHING AT NIGHT!!!!!
woo, something I ahve never done. So I am curious, if I go, What should I use? has anyone fished there at all?

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2004, 04:01 PM

actually, are there any bait shhops here too?
Old 08-19-2004, 09:54 AM

man this thread is going nowhere!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2004, 05:15 PM

Hey Kevin,

Check out this thread: http://www.surfcaster.com/forums/ind...ic=4565&st=225
Old 08-20-2004, 08:09 PM

whew, thanks. some reassurance. I would love to hook into a blue. Gotta get me some poppers!
Old 08-21-2004, 04:58 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Kkevy, for blues, even if they arent surfacin', the Gags "Bluefish Bomb" topwater lure works GREAT. You dont have to pop it, just reel it in bud. Itll skip and pop itself across the surface, and the bluefish JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT. I've used it to catch Blues up to 13 pounds. A serious fight. FUN AS HELL bud. It's tough lure too, but about 7 or 8 bucks at Wal-Nuts. I use the white N blue one, but the silver one will work too. A HUNTER ORANGE one would work WONDERS as well. The razorlips go KOOKOO over that colah ;)

Old 08-21-2004, 12:55 PM

Well, on taht bait and tackle search, there are many places around the area. I'm sure one of those places will have one! I've never caught a blue, and from wghat I hear they give a demon hell ride :twisted:

ANd yes, my friend can come (yay) so now I wont be fishing alone.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:00 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Yes, yes, the Demon Hell Ride. Never know, might even take you on a WAR HELL RIDE

BTW, Wal-Nuts has that, and some other Gag's lures, like the Mr. Bunker rattling lure. Yayah! I love that lure. It pisses Stripers off ;)

Old 08-25-2004, 10:23 PM

Default :(

:(
well, what an agravating(spelling?) trip.

First day, got there at 12:30. Almost immediatley walked to the end of the beach, a mile walk or so, and saw heaven(or so i thought) quick drop off, incoming tide, good cross currents. One part coming out of the marsh one coming from the ocean. bait fish EVERYWHERE!!! Of course, my mom said tehred be another bait shop closer by for 30 minutes... and after the last one... there wasnt. So i was baitless. I had to use lures. Anyway, I'm casting it out, standing knee deep in water and being 2 feet away from shore. More and more baitfish everywhere. After the 4th or so cast, I happen to look in the water and see a big black silloutte in the water. right when I look, bam, gone. Big fish. So i fish tehre for awhile, no luck. Then went to the marsh aprt further down. striperfishermen's paradise. After about 2 feet in the water, 4 foot drop off, with the water going deeper. so were I was casting id say was about 10 feet deep. after a few casts, nothing. Here a splash, look over. all I see is the splach thats left. Well, another big fish, I say. 5 minutes later, another. 30 minutes later nothing. No fish. So I decide to head back. 1/3 of the way back, I see some gulls diving into the water pretty far out. Then more and more gulls. And then splashes everywhere. boy, I think, a bluefish feeding frenzy 50 feet out of my casting range. So theres 3 boats there fishing, reeling bluefish after bluefish. Thats day 1. Left around 5 pm

Day 2.

didnt go back to horseneck. We went to Newport, RI, first. wow, some nice houses... lol. Took a 1 1/2 hour tour of The Breakers, the Vanderbilts summerhome. WOW!!!! anyway, we go to a beach finally, at 4:00pm or so. Man, no luck. didnt even bother fishing. I asked my mom to drive 2 minutes up the road to a bait and tackle shop, but no. I was mad. so after that we left for the 2 1/2 hour ride back. fun fun.

So thats my trip, and I am very angry at my mom for not wanting to go 2 minutes out of the way to go to a damn baitshop. MY god. She was to9 busy sitting on her a** to get up. I WAS SO MAD!!! She suggested finding crabs, but didnt beleive me when I said they'd bury in the sand because I have no flotation(balloons, bobbers)

I am SO pi**ed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atleast we are going to Hampton on Friday in the evening on a boat for some fishing.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:24 PM

oh and my mom decided my friend wouldn come 30 minutes before we left.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:21 PM

anyway I whine too much