Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
124K views 238 replies 111 participants last post by  Capt. John S 
#1 ·
Told the wife she needed a break from work today and I needed someone to go fishing with. Anyway back to the report we ended up with 4 citations biggest being 41 pounds.thumbsup.gif

See less See more
#202 ·
Re: Pine Point Area Fishing from Boat

Haven't been out fishing on the boat much at all lately this summer, but gave it a shot the other evening and at last I ran into a school of Stripers swirling on the surface. At first I thought they were just Sturgeon because they were earlier jumping out of the water all around me. So I threw a live eel right into the swirls to see what would happen and sure enough they were Stripers and very eager to attack the bait within seconds. I would have stayed longer but it was dark/ late and some serious fog was rolling in. Not to mention the mosquitoes were eating me alive :) Only had 2 eels and caught a 30" and a 28" on the same eel. It was still alive but then another fish grabbed it and it came off the hook. Same thing happened to the second eel so I called it a night. Not huge fish but fun on medium/ light spinning gear.

Attachments

#207 ·
Here is some photos of stuff we have been catching this summer.
The first is my brother with a strange catch a needle nose gar, (I believe) I have always seen small ones but never one this big. The second is a skate I hung while casting for rockfish. the third is a nice rock I caught on my perch rod with 6 lb test, that was the most fun I had all summer! The fourth is my wife with our catch of the day. The fifth is some nice crabs I caught trotlining last weekend.

#206 ·
Here is some photos of stuff we have been catching this summer.
The first is my brother with a strange catch a needle nose gar, (I believe) I have always seen small ones but never one this big. The second is a skate I hung while casting for rockfish. the third is a nice rock I caught on my perch rod with 6 lb test, that was the most fun I had all summer! The fourth is my wife with our catch of the day. The fifth is some nice crabs I caught trotlining last weekend.

Attachments

#208 ·
Re: Report Thread for the Jersey Shore, 2010

Finally put together the right place/right time thing this morning, after 3 previous mornings of chasing the bunker for either nothing, or small blues, I found one of the fish I'm looking for......took the fish 3 tries, but it finally inhaled a pencil and went for a little swim.
36 lbs 10 oz on my digital, new PB.
Now, I hope these fish stick around for a while.

View attachment 14209
fantastic fish, and a great front cooler/rack. is that custom? hitch or bumper mounted?

Attachments

#213 ·
Ive been fishing Robert Moses field 2-demo. point for the past 2 weeks almost everyday and haven't had a day without at least one bass. None of them huge by any means, all in the 20-30" range but loads of fun on light tackle. Every one of them hit a sand eel teaser I tie in front of the metal I've been throwing. (deadly dick, hopkins, kastmaster.) I took this little beauty from wash yesterday, along with 2 others.

#216 ·
Hello all, I have learned so much on this site I can't thank you guys enough. I fished for trout and blue gill in Lake Shasta as a child every summer on an annual camping trip. I have always had a pole but was not much of a fisherman. My daughters whom are now 17 and 19 always told people that their dad likes to fish but he doesn't catch anything. It was true. Well, 2 years ago I started hanging out at the Delta (Stockton main channel) with my wife. We decided to rent a space at Windmill Cove and I have been fishing my butt off. My first year was all little bass. I would tell my wife that I hadn't spent enough money yet. That's why I didn't have any big fish. In the first year and a half I caught three decent sized fish, 21, 22, and 24" striper, and a 26" Cat fish. That was with the help of a local fisherman that I poured a lot of beer into. He comes over, I supply the beer, he hangs out and we talk about Stripers 247. Between my reading here and him helping me, I have been much more successful this season. The water is still too warm for the cows to come in but the males are here. In the last 4 weeks I have caught 4 Stripers.

Attachments

#224 ·
We filmed a NJ version of Hook Shots for Field & Stream with my good friend Joe Cermele and the video should be up this weekend. We were fishing on a 31CC Contender with Twin 300HP Yamaha's out of the Highlands, NJ and we were greeted with tons of birds follwoing sandeels and rainsfish being blown out of the water by Bass and Blues.

It should make for a great video as I landed 4 Gulls! and it was epic as one Gull was wrapped in my line while my popper had a bluefish on! Chaos? More like hysterical but all were captured and released unharmed.

Fishing has been solid as the water temps are slowly dropping and we seem to have a nice migration of bait and fish. It should be solid through the end of the year so call me for availability to get in on the bite!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.