Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
124K views 238 replies 111 participants last post by  Capt. John S 
#1 ·
Told the wife she needed a break from work today and I needed someone to go fishing with. Anyway back to the report we ended up with 4 citations biggest being 41 pounds.thumbsup.gif

See less See more
#159 ·
The last week and a half has offered some great fishing. Live bunker have accounted for most of our bass lately, but we have caught a bunch of 20 to 24 pound bass on poppers as well.

We have yet to break 30 this spring, but the quality of fish is impressive as they nearly all fall into the 20 to 25-pound range.

I have a special price for "fish-along charters," which are reserved for single anglers who want to come out fishing with me. We both fish, and you get a reduced price. Check out my site for details www.firstcastfishing.com

#161 ·
Re: Report Thread for the Jersey Shore, 2010

Been hitting them hard on live bunker (or should I say they've been hitting us hard) the last couple of weeks. Sometimes in the bay, sometimes in the ocean. Have not caught them in the same place twice this year. It has been a hunt for them every time.

Attachments

#160 ·

Been hitting them hard on live bunker (or should I say they've been hitting us hard) the last couple of weeks. Sometimes in the bay, sometimes in the ocean. Have not caught them in the same place twice this year. It has been a hunt for them every time.

#163 ·
Boat limit today with Capt Mike. a dozen+ shorts and another 6 keepers released as well. Pics are from recent trips! Capt Rich boated a 47 lb slob yesterday afternoon while relaxing between trips!

Attachments

#164 ·
Re: 2010 Recap

great slideshow brian!!! what are you fishing for now?
After Stripers i'm am all about summer largemouths !

Like this PB i got just this morning ... 7lb 7oz pig !!!!!

If you know any local places holding monster bass, i have a small alum boat :)

#165 ·
well did it again 2 weekends in a row i bested my best fish! lol! got on the water at 5:45, were out jiggin up fresh live macs and had a tank full by 7:30 last weekend i got a great 40" fish, saturday i finished the day with a 41" fish! so far i'm having a great year!!!! few pics
here's my end of the day 41 ( looks skinny the way i was holding him...but it wasnt)

heres my buddies todd and jared, jared hooked up just as todd brings one in

and todd with a nice 35" fish

#168 ·

Finally put together the right place/right time thing this morning, after 3 previous mornings of chasing the bunker for either nothing, or small blues, I found one of the fish I'm looking for......took the fish 3 tries, but it finally inhaled a pencil and went for a little swim.
36 lbs 10 oz on my digital, new PB.
Now, I hope these fish stick around for a while.

View attachment 13746

A Happy Angler

View attachment 13745

Attachments

#167 ·

Finally put together the right place/right time thing this morning, after 3 previous mornings of chasing the bunker for either nothing, or small blues, I found one of the fish I'm looking for......took the fish 3 tries, but it finally inhaled a pencil and went for a little swim.
36 lbs 10 oz on my digital, new PB.
Now, I hope these fish stick around for a while.

View attachment 13748

A Happy Angler

View attachment 13749

#169 ·
Saturday -
Fished with my boys today and it was tough. No problem loading up on the bunker, but finding the bass was a different story. We had some chances, but the fish were picky and several followed the bunker without eating it.

The fish I have been following on the ocean were gone; whether they were netted up or just moved on, I don't know.

Ended up with two bass in the mid-teens, covering a lot of water to find them. Still, it's always good to be out on the water.

Oh yeah, Mike insisted on hooking his own fish. Nice job.

Sunday -
Fished this morning with Steve C. for stripers. Bunker were easy to come by, but we had to work for the bass. Finished up with six bass to 25 pounds (four over 20), and numerous other followers in addition to the usual live lining miscues.

Another highlight of the day was the big fluke that followed Stephen's live bunker up from the bottom. Too bad it didn't eat!

Great morning on the water - Thanks Steve!

Almost forgot - ALL FISH RELEASED

#170 ·
Went out to try my hand at Fluke yesterday. Organized my Fluke gear, loaded the boat for Fluke, and headed out for Fluke. I did bring two striper outfits just in case.

No luck from 9-1pm. Just small fish making off with my squid. I stop for about 10 minutes for a sandwich and a cold drink. Off in the distance I sea some birds gathering between the cannal and the old channel. I also see some splashing on the flats so I decided to take a look.

First cast I catch myself a healthy 9" striper. I was happy that I did not get skunked. I was drifting pretty fast and on my next cast I caught a 25" striper. I headed back to start over. In approx. 200 yards of drifting I caught 3-5 fish, all approx 26"-27". Back to the starting point and this time I decided to start closer to the canal. I drifted and did not catch anything on my first few casts so I thought I would go back and start closer, but I got one more cast in and Bingo.......I caught a 32" striper

About 20 fish in all I guess. Was a great time. Tried again today. The fish were there but smaller and less frequent. A good time all the same!

#172 ·
California Aqueduct

Had a small front move through that dropped temps by more than 10 degrees on the 15-16th so I figured I should make a run at the fish. Brought along dad and buddy of mine. Weather was low to mid 80's, clear and moderatly breezy because of the low pressure moving. Ended up w/ 8 stripers total, culled the two smallest ones as not to be over limit. All 20in plus. Largest 5lbs. Also pulled up 5 cats. All were small w/ one 3lb. yellow belly the only cat of any size. Caught all the fish on a variety of bait. Bloodworms, nightcrawlers, and frozen shad all were taken. We also threw Spooks, Pencil poppers, 9in swimbait, and a lg. swimming tube w/ 3/4 oz jig head on and off the entire time w/ no takers:( 13 fish total in about 5 hours.

Pops!

#171 ·
Had a small front move through that dropped temps by more than 10 degrees on the 15-16th so I figured I should make a run at the fish. Brought along dad and buddy of mine. Weather was low to mid 80's, clear and moderatly breezy because of the low pressure moving. Ended up w/ 8 stripers total, culled the two smallest ones as not to be over limit. All 20in plus. Largest 5lbs. Also pulled up 5 cats. All were small w/ one 3lb. yellow belly the only cat of any size. Caught all the fish on a variety of bait. Bloodworms, nightcrawlers, and frozen shad all were taken. We also threw Spooks, Pencil poppers, 9in swimbait, and a lg. swimming tube w/ 3/4 oz jig head on and off the entire time w/ no takers:( 13 fish total in about 5 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.