Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
124K views 238 replies 111 participants last post by  Capt. John S 
#1 ·
Told the wife she needed a break from work today and I needed someone to go fishing with. Anyway back to the report we ended up with 4 citations biggest being 41 pounds.thumbsup.gif

See less See more
#78 ·
Striper action is finally heating up! The alewifes were plentiful and so were the fish. We caught about 15 average size, 1 big boy, and numerous misses. Also landed two really nice walleyes, a few channel cats, and largemouths. It was a perfect night for fishing.

#80 ·
Thursday and Friday saw better action and quality fish to 41 lbs. The bass are getting thicker and a little more aggressive. The next few day we feel will start to get even better.

Please note that we are now at our new dock in the back left corner of the lot please park just before the barricades.
There are still prime dates available for private charters on the ANGLER Xpress and ANGLER II. So get your bosses to buck up and get a trip going NOW IS THE TIME!

#83 ·
In years past, May has been one of the best months to fish for Lake Texoma stripers and this year is no exception. It's really hard to describe just how good the fishing is. I can't keep up with the action because my customers are catching fish faster than I can take them off the hook and get them baited back out. With just 2 people I can get a pretty good rhythm and keep them going, but with 6 people it becomes more like an assembly line and things can get a little chaotic with me netting fish, taking them off the hook and baiting the hooks back out as fast as I can move. With all of this going on, I'm keeping track of 2 numbers in my head of how many fish we throw in the box and how many of those fish are over 20". If the bite stays full throttle and we can develop a good rhythm, it will only take 30-45 minutes to put 60 fish in the boat. With so much time left in the trip my customers have several options of what they want to do with the rest of their trip. If I think there are big fish to be caught elsewhere, normally I will persuade them to go in that direction otherwise, we will continue to catch and release or go back to clean fish and catch catfish. The catfishing from the cleaning dock has really picked up the past week and we are starting to catch several cats while I'm cleaning fish.
All of my fish the past week have been caught on anchor over a river ledge in 30-40 ft. of water using live bait 3-5 cranks off the bottom. Right now it is not necessary to mark a lot of fish before you set anchor. Look to mark 2-3 fish together on a river ledge and throw your anchor. Then drop your baits down and start beating the water, it might happen instantly or it might take 20 minutes but before long, if your doing everything right, they will come and when the do be ready because its on!
Now I've caught my limit on every trip since the first week in April with the exception of Wednesday evening. It was 90° and completely still. The lake was like glass without the slightest ripple on the water except for the occasional boat wave. I had no trouble finding fish, it was the catching that proved to be challenging for us as the fish tend to be skittish when there is no wind. I would find fish and put bait down and we would catch 1-4 fish and they would leave. We did this for 2-3 hours and managed to put half of our limit in the box. On the bright side, they were all good fish. My guys were scheduled to fish the morning as well and decided to throw in the towel around 5:00. I was wanting to finish out the limit and keep my streak alive and I told them the fish would turn on as it got later in the day and we would be able to finish up our limit but they were hot and hungry at this point and ready to get some supper. Reluctantly, I took them back to clean our 16 fish between three people.
Thursday morning I had the same guys and I showed them what May fishing was all about. We threw one anchor and it was on. We put a limit in the box in around an hour and then went in search for a big fish. We hit several spots but only managed to catch a lot more of the same size fish we had been catching.

Friday morning it was back out to the same spot and it was business as usual. Fish were flying right and left and we had a boat load in no time. We caught and released for the rest of the trip.

Friday evening the wind had shifted a little so I went to a different ledge with the same results. It took a little while for the fish to get under the boat this time but after giving the water a good beating, here they came. Lots of nice fish and the catching never stopped. They decided they had caught enough fish after a couple of hours and we headed back to the dock at 5:30.

Saturday morning the wind had picked up something fierce out of the north and there were big rolling waves. We head right out in the middle of it and it is really not all that bad if you know how to drive a boat and take the waves right. I had a group of 2 that morning and they wanted to catch and release so that's what we did. We caught fish for the whole 4 hours, it would slow down every now and again but after beating the water and putting on fresh bait it was back on.

Saturday evening I had a group of 12 on a 2 boat trip with Mark Jr. Thankfully the wind had subsided and it wasn't as rough out. We set up anchor and it starts out slow so I make a couple of moves and on the 3 anchor we hit them. We put 42 in the boat before I can take a breath and assess the situation. The fish slowed a bit but continued to steadily catch fish until we reached our 60. Mark had caught his limit as well so we head in to clean fish and catch catfish. 120 fish with 24 over 20 inches = a good day out on the water :)

I sort of took off Sunday morning for Mothers Day so I could take my mom, Susie and my fiancée, Megan out fishing to hopefully make up for all the trouble that I put them through. It was a little chilly out with the north wind and a passing rain shower now and then but I never heard either one of them complain because they were catching fish faster than I could get them baited back out. After about an hour of this it started to rain harder and the girls decided that they had caught enough fish for one day and decided to call it quits and get in out of the rain. Megan had decided that we had caught well over 50 fish. It was wonderful to get to spend some time with my 2 favorite girls out on the water.

My trips for May are almost booked up but June can be just as good if not better than May depending on the year. With the cooler weather we've been having this year I would expect the awesome fishing to continue into July. My availability left for May is as follows: May 12 PM, 14 AM, 16 PM, 17 AM, 18 PM, 19 PM, 23 PM, 24 PM, 25 PM, and 26 PM. All of my Saturday evenings in June are still available. You can book your trip online at www.stripersinc.com or you can call me anytime at (903)815-1609 and I'll get you set up.

Good Luck to All,
Brian Prichard
Stripers Inc.
www.stripersinc.com

#84 ·
James and I have been waiting to bust up some Stripers the most fun way possible ... on topwater. We saw the Wx forecast for Monday evening and knew this was our shot. We left Bubba's at five pm and headed straight for the 3rd island. We started working the rips around the spine but came up empty so we decided to simply work our way around the island starting on the ocean side. About mid way down the island the bottom machine lights up and a nice 34" fish inhales my offering, from then on we had we had steady action all evening. Left 'em biting at eight.

Water temperature was 60 degrees, we had the end of the incoming tide and the fish were suspending a ways off the rocks.

#85 ·
Hit the water @ 6am ... right in the high 30's, but actually very pleasant. No wind and lots of sun so a little overkill with the long johns and fleece lined pants :bluegrin:

Water temp is down 5 degrees from Friday.

Managed this shorty @ 6:45am

After that a looooonngggg morning of run and gun with no more fish boated. So we called it a day and were going to try a night shift tonight too :redbiggrin: (part 2)

Hopefully we'll find a few big ones in the dark !!!

BB

#87 ·
I have been waiting for the conditions to line up for my only reliable pattern for catching these fish. I can usually catch them all summer somewhere up the tributaries on my home lake, but usually it's much later with warmer water temps before I try them up there. The shad are spawning around here so I thought what the heck and I went on my first Hybrid fishing trip last night. I had a little luck and caught this 5.5lb'er. Not a big one, but I was happy that I caught one. I sure have been a lot of times and blanked on them.

Attachments

#89 ·
Re: Hudson River 2010 Fishing Reports

We took the day off to fish today so made the 3 hour trip to Coeymans despite the weather forecast of rain all day. Had the boat in the water by 6:30 - cold and rainy so didnt want to make the long trip to albany for herring. Were able to pick up what we needed here and there. We boated our two . Looking forward to one more trip hopefully.
Karen/Patrick

#90 ·
Have had plenty of success in the last 4 weeks around the bakersfield/taft area. Pumps still not flowing much water but some water moving finally. Last month nothing moving at all. Cats starting to show in the last two weeks for the first time also... Nothing on tube baits or rat-l-traps yet. Still not warm enough. Sand worms and anchovies are the ticket so far. Stripers in the 3-4 lb range w/ biggest at 6.5. Cats 3-5. I've been fishing only 3-4 in the afternoon till dark.:cheers:

Attachments

#92 ·
ANGLER Fleet cosistently targets and catches trophy Striped Bass during the spring run in the western Long Island Sound. We provide the freshest bait available and fish the most productive spots where these big fish move through. When you want to catch a bass of a lifetime choose ANGLER Fleet.

#96 ·
Harbor Tackle, West Ocean City, Md. Fishing Report for May 14, 2010
Due to the winds this week, fishing was hard on the fishermen. People that braved the sand blasting did hook up with fish. Although striper fishing slowed this past week, some nice fish were still caught. Along with the stripers were skates, dogfish, black drum, and a few sand bar sharks. I’ve heard from a few fishermen this AM and the bite is on. Hopefully, it will keep up throughout the weekend. More flounder are showing up, but not many keepers. The striper bite has been great at the Rt. 50 Bridge at night along with the shad. Still nice tog around however the bite has slowed.
Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live bloodworms, live green crabs, live eels, black saltys, live chowder clams, big live minnows, and live peelers.

#98 ·
I was lucky to have got picked from a local Radio Station 98.3 to go on a fishing trip out of Chesapeake Beach on a charter boat Friday morning 5-14-10. (I don't know how cause I never win anything, but luck has changed I guess!) So I caught the third fish and it wasn't no monster, and believe it or not I caught a TAGGED fish! It had a reward tag in it and I called it in when I got home and I will be getting a hat and the info on the fish. Luck must be changing!:yay:

Attachments

#101 ·
Nice to see the bite turn back on for tourny time thumbsup.gif

That wind was wicked today :dizzy: ... drifting was tough even with the sock out and 6+oz of weight !!

Have to mention the "reverse the curse" deal ... same exact thing happened last year. We all know the myth about bannanas being bad luck, well after a few very slow days and a skunk yesterday ... i brought a bannana with me today and the fishing was good LOL

Me and the boys were able to catch some fish today and get our 1st day entries in at the Castleton Derby.

Me and Todd were in the mid teens, and Capt Kevin caught a real nice 23lber that put him into 1st (at the time) didn't last long when we saw what came in next. :shocked:

Franks fish weighed more than ALL 3 of ours combined !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy::notworthy:

46.25" / 45lbs

Biggest Striper i have ever seen !!!icn___clap.gificn___clap.gif

The hard part is to hopefully catch a fish tomorrow since it is a 2-day total ... don't think Frank is in to much trouble :whistle:

BB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.