Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
124K views 238 replies 111 participants last post by  Capt. John S 
#1 ·
Told the wife she needed a break from work today and I needed someone to go fishing with. Anyway back to the report we ended up with 4 citations biggest being 41 pounds.thumbsup.gif

See less See more
#52 ·
Re: ct river in chicopee

Went down to the mouth on Sat. and between my buddy and me we caught about 18 schoolies w/ this being the biggest...They were loving the metal castmaster w/ tail and the gulp jerk baits...

Then on Sunday I went out and tried some top water close to home and they were loving it....But for only about 20 minutes then nothing...Nice to get the first keeper and before May!!! She was 33 and a fatty and what a fight. She swam off after a little reviving. A few more hit and misses and then it completely stopped. Waters warming quick as it's pretty low-hopefully it won't be a quick run...Might need some more rain to keep the water from getting too warm...

#57 ·
Re: newburgh

Got my 1st of the season! :yay:

I know it's not all that but that fish made me 1 happy man today. All thanks to my good luck charm. We were walking down the "beach" when she caught a glimpse of a few ducks in the water. They started to retreat and she booked after them blasting into the water (shes never even swam before). They got away and she turned around and looked at me, ready to get yelled at. But I couldn't, just laughed and had to take a pic.

#61 ·
Got an early start today, plenty of bait in Albany, didn't take to long to hook up. Nice calm morning with the outgoing tide the whole time. Got very busy with traffic out there in the aft.

We got 6 in the boat today and missed a few ... here are a couple pics :redbiggrin:

SO far not a bad season !!!

BB

#62 ·
Re: 5/1 Trip

nice fish, BB, I think I saw you in the trophy early in albany? we were there at 6, loaded up...after 13hrs on the water, driving through midtown manhattan on the hudson, serious case of sea legs, my buddy managed his first hudson river striper. great day. saw a few nice fish boated too all over the place.

#66 ·
Really wanted to get a buddy on some fish today ... and we did good. :bluegrin:

Ended up boating 7 Today, outgoing tide on the drift. Still most of them are just avg dudes ... i did manage one pretty solid one.

Jigging bait was not an issue toady ... while using the Sabiki my buddy had something bigger than a Herring ??? Assumed it was a small Shad ....ummm nope

16" Striper (he was horny too, as you can see in the pic) :lff3:

Got hot out there and boat traffic was crazy :dizzy:

Now i go back to 4 days of work than a 10-DAY VACATION !! :yay:

BB

#67 ·
after fishing yesterday in mayhem, we waited until the crazies left the river and fished the incoming, in the afternoon, we werent there 30 minutes, had one break my 30lb test braided line... we put four in the boat, I got a 37" 20lb and a 31" 10lb...so glad my two buddies connected too. both about 34" and 15lbs. herring everywhere! had to turn the fish finder off, got annoying.

#75 ·
Fished 5/5 from HH. I took the big skunk but my buddy boated 2. One 38" 23lbs the other a 24" schoolie. Herring were pretty easy; wind and traffic were plentiful making for a tossing and turner.
Fished 5/6 from HH again. Wasn't planning on going out but decided to at the last minute. I hooked up about an half hour after we got out. Lost it about 20 feet from the boat when it rolled on the surface. Wasn't huge but a nice fish. At that point I'm thinking "Great, going to be one of those days; I should have stayed home". Was I ever wrong. In the next couple hours I boated four. My best day ever :yay:, making 10 for the season so far. First a 36" that I thought I lost because it decided to swim at me until it saw the boat and took off. Then a 28". Then what I'll call my biggest ever at 38" 21lbs 4oz (I have a 38 1/2" but weighed a lot less). Then a 30". Herring were fairly easy but we did notice a lot of the females had dropped their eggs. Weather wise was real nice until the wind picked up in the late afternoon, making it a little chilly when the sun ducked behind the clouds. So we decided to call it a day.
Tight Lines...Cheers :th_icon_beer:
Here are pics of the two bigger ones. I only block the background so not to upset anyone. Other guys were fishing in that area too. Doesn't really matter to me; here today gone tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure if you saw the Vikings hat and red shirt out there yesterday you know where we were.

38" 21lbs 4oz

36" 16lbs. 7oz

#76 ·
Got out early today and right into a hot bite :bluegrin: ... fish being caught by us and a lot of other boats near us. 9 hours of fishing and 9 stripers in the boat !! Plus some other missed ones ... and we left them biting, so i call that a great outing. :a_goodjob:

Nothing huge but fun as hell and awesome start to vacation. :banana:

BB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.