Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
124K views 238 replies 111 participants last post by  Capt. John S 
#1 ·
Told the wife she needed a break from work today and I needed someone to go fishing with. Anyway back to the report we ended up with 4 citations biggest being 41 pounds.thumbsup.gif

See less See more
#31 ·
Re: update from the lb...

:yay:here's larry catching 40 inches of fish:

here she is, 40 inches, 20lbs and 3 oz:

here's timmy catching a 30 incher:

here's the fish, 30 inches, 12 lbs:

:yay:do the math, 30" + 40" = 70" ... hehe :banana:... jeff caught 6 fish between 5am and 7am, sorry no pictures! tight lines

#33 ·
Friday, April 16

Weatherman sucks. Light crowd this morning. Had boat limit to 18 lbs by 11am. Left the camera on the boat. Pictures will be up tomorrow. Sailing 7am tomorrow!

Sunday, April 18

The Bass continue to bite on each trip but the numbers are not quite there yet but we expect that to change any day now. The 7am trip yeilded 3 keepers to 20 lbs and a rat, a few swings and misses here and there. We ran a afternoon private charter (b.day party)and did ok with 5 keepers to 25 lbs. The few that listened caught... those that didn't....didn't. If the crew had time to fish...oh my, what a trip it would have been.

Friday Night April 23 Special 5pm trip. Reservations needed. Call Capt. Ken

Attachments

#32 ·
Friday, April 16

Weatherman sucks. Light crowd this morning. Had boat limit to 18 lbs by 11am.

Sunday, April 18

The Bass continue to bite on each trip but the numbers are not quite there yet but we expect that to change any day now. The 7am trip yeilded 3 keepers to 20 lbs and a rat, a few swings and misses here and there. We ran a afternoon private charter (b.day party)and did ok with 5 keepers to 25 lbs. The few that listened caught... those that didn't....didn't. If the crew had time to fish...oh my, what a trip it would have been.

Friday Night April 23 Special 5pm trip. Reservations needed. Call Capt. Ken

#41 ·
The winds finally let off today and I took off work and I went out by myself this morning. It only took about an hour and a half before Mr. striper hit on one of my trolling rods and the drag went a squealing! Music to my ears....:banana: It was almost 42" , here is a few pics.

#40 ·
The winds finally let off today and I took off work and I went out by myself this morning. It only took about an hour and a half before Mr. striper hit on one of my trolling rods and the drag went a squealing! Music to my ears....:banana: It was almost 42" , here is a few pics.

#42 ·
After seeing the reports all week i was soooooo happy to be the water this morning :bluegrin:

A buddy hauled his boat to my neck of the woods and we set out around 9am ... bait is kind of pain but i stoolied up enough to get us started.

Slow start, no runs early on. Made a move during high-slack tide and things picked up during the outgoing for us.

We ended up boating 4 , nothing big but had to take a few pics since they were the 1st of the year thumbsup.gif

My buddy had a real screamer of a run, she was trucking, had it on for just a min when it came unbuttoned :smiliedoh: would have liked to see that one.
Seemed much better than avg.

What was a real shock to me was when i had something hit my rod, no run or anything, i figured i'd check my bait and was like ... there is definately something on the other end, i could feel the weight and knew it was a fish, just odd ????

SO i see flash, over 24" for sure, my buddy gets it in the net ... we look at each other and are like WTF ???

This big arse Walleye had taken my live Herring !!! Pretty cool !

First time we have ever had that happen ... a PB Eye for me too, tipped the scales at 6lb 9oz , 28" :bluegrin:

Except for the wind which was brutal at times ... it was a nice day to be out for sure.

It slowed down mid afternoon, was finally able to jig a few Herring though.
All our Stripers were caught on live herring.

Get to do it all over again tomorrow !!

BB

#44 ·
headed out around 2 with a friend...found a few herring, started drifted and managed a 36" 20lb....started back at the top, drifted through, 36" 16lb.....started over, missed 3 runs, couldnt get the hook set, last drift 31" 10lb. great start, herring scarce, water around 54... heading out tomorrow am.

#46 ·
We hit the water early today had a few bait still kicking in the livewell from yesterday and even jigged a couple early on. Yesterdays hot spot was lame today, not even a run.

So we made a move and it didn't take long to hook up. I had a solid one that stayed down and had a few nice runs ... never saw her when she popped loose ... i was bummed :blackeyerub:

But we found active fish, we ended up boating 3 in the next 1/2 hour.
All just avg guys, but always fun :yay:

We were down to just a couple bait, so we went on a scouting mission.
Only jigged about 4 or so, What a pain they were all day !!

Once we had a good outgoing tide to drift we went back to Stripers on limited bait. Had a couple runs and ended up with a little better fish, nothing crazy.

My buddies son Logan got in on the pic :bluegrin: ... he just wanted to keep touching it LOL

So 4 yesterday , 4 today ... no better no worse except for the Herring.

Until tomorrow hello.gif

BB

#47 ·
Re: Hudson River 2010 Fishing Reports

Out of Newburgh @ 8:10 am. first fish onboard at 8:20. 32" 12lbs. on the incoming. Next hit and catch @10:10 am on the slack tide. 32" 17lbs. fished the outgoing and landed 8 more from 16" to 30" all males. Double Ahole charters does it again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.