Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
124K views 238 replies 111 participants last post by  Capt. John S 
#1 ·
Told the wife she needed a break from work today and I needed someone to go fishing with. Anyway back to the report we ended up with 4 citations biggest being 41 pounds.thumbsup.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
2010 Striper Pictures - Fatties of twenty ten

I read alot of positive threads for the baitrunner system and bought one. I chose the 8000D due to an ocassional sturgeon hook up in the ca delta area. I still set the baitrunner system and have not had to use it yet. Am I the only live baitter out there with this happening? Or is it my style of fishing? I've included a pic to show the size of fish we are landing.

#6 ·
Re: Aqueduct in Hesperia

Caught both of these in open water. The water wasn't even flowing..........I just got lucky!!! Many, many skunks between catches for me.....They don't come easy. I caught both on 3/4 oz Rat l traps. Set the hook when you feel anything bump...sometimes you might just think it's weeds..set the hook!... they don't seem to just grab it....you'll start to get a feel for the weeds, edge etc...I'm pretty new at this myself. Plan on losing lures...ha..ha and fish the bottom 3ft. or so ....I'm no expert for sure....but I have been lucky a couple times....plan on putting in some time and reading fishing forums for advice and info Good Luck and make sure you post one when you catch some

#7 ·
Once again our guides are catching some of the best quality fish of the year long-lining. I would rate the fishing good on some days and excellent on others. The water level is a bit higher this year than normal making it more difficult to run some of our holes. We are catching fish from 10-18 pounds almost every day. We have been using deep diving Storm Thundersticks. The best colors have been chartreuse, fire tiger, somkey joe, blue and white and blue and chrome. Look for this pattern to last into April this year due to the abnormally low water temperatures we are experiencing now.

Attachments

#8 ·
Re: early season stripers

Last night first trip of the season, out back Raritan Bay, chucking snot, half up the tide to half down.
One hit all trip, one fish, is joining us this evening for din dins.
Nothing spectacular but better then a skunk and my fridge has been devoid of any fish for months
View attachment 12954

Attachments

#15 ·
took brian out last night for some fish. slow pick as they were in and out. 4 fish but got some action. don't ask where i was and if you know don't blab it in a response. fresh clams/nothing on artificials. i blocked out part of the area in oakwood beach to keep others from seeing exact location.

Attachments

#16 ·
Re: Broke the ice

went out again today and saw some guys nail a few fish in my spot and then leave. i proceeded to aquire my spot where i nailed a few fish before i had to pick my brother up. philly was suppose to meet me but was late - hense my horrific ability to take these pics without the aid of philly "who was late for that bite".. 'NOTE TO SELF' DON'T TAKE PICS WITH SUN BEHIND YOU... in the hustle to get em unhooked and back in the water quickly i didn't take the sand off of em and just snapped a quick pic and let em go.--- i suck at taking pics. "HOPE YOU GOT A FISH PHILLY....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.